Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung pay keeps popping up on Watch Active 2

(Topic created on: 13-06-2021 10:55 AM)
GowthamG
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

Samsung Pay keeps popping up on my watch active 2 even when I don't touch the screen or any button. This is very annoying and it's not letting me use my watch. I tried resetting the watch, but this issue is still occurring. Moreover, my back button is also not working sometimes, I think it's due to Samsung pay. I don't even want to use Samsung pay, but there is no uninstall option either. Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue? 

BTW I bought my watch 2 months back. It's pretty new

Help!

56 REPLIES 56
Kells
Student
Options

I have been having the same issue since yesterday.  Very frustrating.  I am hoping someone can provide a solution.

Rachael77
Journeyman
Options
I had this and had to send it back and it was faulty. Was absolutely useless. Just constantly kept popping up. I'd only had it a week
MarkLeo
Student
Options

I am having the same issue.  The watch is over 1 year old so i don't think they'll replace it at this point.  Is there a fix?

tbk923
Apprentice
Options

i am having the same issue.  i bought my watch 2 months ago, and already had to take it to an authorized repair shop to have it reattached (when i called Samusung they told me to superglue it back on myself!).  Now Samsung Pay is constantly popping up so it's nearly impossible to use my watch, and the back button is also not working.  Has Sumsung even bothered to reply to this with a recommended fix?

GowthamG
Apprentice
Options

No they did not, when I asked support they suggested me to go to a samsung repair shop and get checked. I didn't have the chance due to the pandemic. I'm hoping someone here can find a solution

tbk923
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for letting me know.  In the end, i called Samsung support (multiple times), and sent the watch in for repair as they couldn't help over the phone.  The repair took less than 5 business days and i got the watch back with a note indicating that the faulty back key had been replaced.  That was yesterday morning.  This afternoon, the Samsung Pay issue started again, and now the back button is also not working again.  I'm on hold again now with Samsung help.  It is ridiculous for a $300 watch to be rendered nearly useless by a software glitch that Samsung apparently can't fix.

GowthamG
Apprentice
Options

Omg, that is bad. They should at least provide us with an option to uninstall Samsung pay completely.

MarkLeo
Student
Options

Agreed. My watch is useless 

tbk923
Apprentice
Options

i was able to "fix" this issue by going into "apps" on the wearables app on my phone, then force stopping Samsung Pay and disabling the app from appearing on my watch (clicking the minus sign so it moved to the hidden/inactive apps part of the list).  This worked quite well - except last night my watch face stopped responding to touch.  Several hard reboots and a call to Samsung support later and i'm sending my watch back in for it's 3rd repair in a month.  I'm not sure how this is supposed to be a fitness watch when it doesn't even stand up to normal wear & tear of simply wearing it on your wrist and taking it off to shower to prevent water damage.  Extremely disappointed in the quality of this watch!