Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Samsung How πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡ ethical is this? - Watch5 Pro

(Topic created on: 12-08-2022 11:04 PM)
IndiW
Hotshot
Options

You have advertised Watch 5 Pro with a strap, but the customer has to pay separately for the strap, not only that, it is last year's strap belongs to watch 4.

So Samsung CEO, when you went to buy your last car, did it come with 4 wheels or you had to pay separately so you could drive it home.

To me you are breaking every advertising ethics and rules 

16 REPLIES 16
ShibuyaBen
Explorer
Options
Not sure if I follow... no strap comes with the phone?
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Absolutely, Noooo strap comes with the watch, however the pictures on the Samsung website is.. GW5 Pro with strap

At the point of ordering, the customer has to pay additional Β£34.00 and buy last year's strap

This is a robbery
0 Likes
Daz73r
Helping Hand
Options
I think it comes with a strap
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star β˜…β˜…
Options

Both my Gear s³ Frontier and the Samsung Watch⁴ Classic I purchased came with a standard rubber style strap.

As far as I'm aware from recent unboxings the watch does come with a standard type watch strap.

Samsung gives the option to buy alternative straps to use.

For example for my Watch⁴ Classic I purchased the leather hybrid black strap @IndiW 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Watch 5 Pro doesn't, my experience, I "had" to select a strap
0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
With watch 5 pro, I had to pay additional Β£34 for a strap
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Options

Can you post a screenshot of your order obviously blurring out any personal information @IndiW 

I've just gone into the Samsung Online Shop UK to set up a pre order and it's not pushing a strap to buy.

In the box I'm confident there will be a standard strap as per all the unboxings I've watched.

Screenshot_20220813-070416_Samsung Internet.jpg

 

BandOfBrothers
Options

From https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-watch-5-pro-price-specs-availability 

The standard Galaxy Watch 5 comes with a similar sports band option to the Galaxy Watch 4. The Pro model gains a more secure D-buckle band that looks particularly premium and provides a more secure fit. "

IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Thanks so much for your support, I cancelled my initial order yesterday, where I had to pay Β£34, and placed a new order for Pro Lte, in that I didn't have to pay additional, instead me the customer Had the choice to select an additional strap, I was happy with that

I saw another few posts highlighting the same strap story
0 Likes