Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health to Strava isn't correct

(Topic created on: 31-03-2020 04:37 PM)
SamLeSolide
Explorer
Options

Hi developers,

My galaxy watch active 2 (46) is really good.

The main issue is that when Samsung Health send my data to Strava, the global running time isn't correct anymore.

My last run of today : Samsung Health 30min40 and Strava says 25min44. Any idea why there is a difference in the time ?

For me clearly Samsung Health is right and data get wrong when going to Strava.

Thanks in advance for your support

Screenshot_20200331-173026_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_20200331-173214_Strava.jpg

302 REPLIES 302
maverick1103
Pioneer
Options
I've used my GWA 2 twice now for runs using S Health considering everyone is saying Strava is poor, the first time I didn't realise the GPS hadn't locked so the difference between Strava on my phone and when it synced was 0.4 miles, weirdly S Health showed the correct information and even on the map but when it synced to strava like what others have said it was different.

My last run was pretty much accurate I remembered to wait for the GPS to lock this time, did a run and synced to Strava, had to change it 'race' and it was near enough bang on; yes it's a pain having to do change it to race mode but can't complain otherwise as distance and pace were close enough, S Health showed a slightly better race pace but I can live with what Strava showed!

0 Likes
nycoy
Explorer
Options

For me even switching it to Race, it can still be 10-30 seconds per mile different. That's much better than the 30seconds to 2 minutes per mile it can be different before switching to Race.

But for me, for a £299 watch, that isn't close enough. 

0 Likes
maverick1103
Pioneer
Options

Yes agreed, it should be working as intended for £299!

Tbh I like the watch a lot, I choose to go for more smart watch functions than fitness when I got it, hopefully it gets fixed! 

0 Likes
justpeteash
First Poster
Options

Do you have a ticket reference for this? 

I'm trying to return my watch and they require a reference to the fault. Otherwise I'll raise a fresh one.

0 Likes
DG11
First Poster
Options

It's an app you can download on the galaxy store for your watch (gear tracker)

@Pajke wrote:

Hi, please what is or where is GT settings. I don´t find that in my mobile device or samsung galaxy watch

0 Likes
Pajke
Journeyman
Options

I  think you dont understand this whole branch

We want STRAVA and SAMSUNG HEALTH to work well together.Because the data that gets on the STRAVA is not correct

Yoan38
Student
Options

Another frustrated 😤 user here. It's been a while since I have this behavior. The trick if exporting the gpx from Samsung Health and importing it from the Strava website seems to be kind of working but that's manual and long to do. I don't get it. On one side you have Samsung (big thing), on the other Strava (another big thing). But Samsung+Strava<any cheap chinese device or app. 

nycoy
Explorer
Options

@Yoan38 wrote:

Another frustrated 😤 user here. It's been a while since I have this behavior. The trick if exporting the gpx from Samsung Health and importing it from the Strava website seems to be kind of working but that's manual and long to do. I don't get it. On one side you have Samsung (big thing), on the other Strava (another big thing). But Samsung+Strava<any cheap chinese device or app. 

But if you use the gpx to import into Strava, you ONLY get the GPX data. Not the heart rate,  cadence etc. The integration should be seamless AND accurate/consistent. 

As you say, the combination of Samsung and Strava should be so much better.

0 Likes
Slc17
First Poster
Options

Hi all, im having same problem and its very frustrating. The 'race' workaround is not working for me, it makes the time right but not the distance making me significantly slower... Example below.

Very much hope samsung can sort this quickly 🤞Screenshot_20200530_080922_com.strava.jpg

0 Likes
mattbn8
First Poster
Options

Thanks for bringing this issue to light. I have a watch active (gen 1) and have had the same issue the past few months. I didn't notice the variance last year. Curious to know if it's a sync issue on the strava receiving end or the samsung health outbound end.

0 Likes