Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health to Strava isn't correct

(Topic created on: 31-03-2020 04:37 PM)
SamLeSolide
Explorer
Options

Hi developers,

My galaxy watch active 2 (46) is really good.

The main issue is that when Samsung Health send my data to Strava, the global running time isn't correct anymore.

My last run of today : Samsung Health 30min40 and Strava says 25min44. Any idea why there is a difference in the time ?

For me clearly Samsung Health is right and data get wrong when going to Strava.

Thanks in advance for your support

Screenshot_20200331-173026_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_20200331-173214_Strava.jpg

302 REPLIES 302
Arie67
Navigator
Options

I've tested Run4Gear. It's free. It's a nice app for runners and it works fine with Strava. It is easy to use and uploading to Strava is smooth. Also, a TCX file can be emailed. Accuracy is no different from other apps. I've run in town and on a running track. Accuracy was not as accurate as in the picture above.

It is a nice addition to Strava’s own app and GearTracker app. It’s way better as Strava’s own app. But it offers fewer options than GearTracker. I’m a fan of GearTracker. But I will certainly also use Run4Gear. Thanks for the tip !!

0 Likes
etche
First Poster
Options

No news on this? I would like to keep using samsung health for running but data syncing with strava is a mess.

0 Likes
Members_fsDEpmf
First Poster
Options

Use health sync to sync between shealth and strava. It always works.

V3NOM
First Poster
Options

One more person comming to say that I can't believe this hasn't been fixed by Samsung.

This is unacceptable!

No workaround has worked for me. The suggested apps are still wrong and when I select "Race" for a run it still has wrong data. This is an awful experience for such an expensive device that is targeted for people that want to start carrying over a healthier life.

0 Likes
MartinML
Apprentice
Options

Experiencing the same issue. Galaxy Active 2.  Activity records 100% on SHealth, but completely off after synching to Strava. Duration, pace, distance, all wrong.  Is this a temporary glitch or a reason to return a new Active 2? 

IMG-20210429-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20210429-WA0000.jpg

  

IMG-20210429-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20210429-WA0003.jpg

Duration off by between 2 and 3 hours for these activities. Also, it's not a run, but a hike.

0 Likes
MartinML
Apprentice
Options

Any feedback on this from Samsung Support? 

0 Likes
MartinML
Apprentice
Options

Any progress of feedback on this? 

0 Likes
MrsRob
Apprentice
Options
No, they don't care
0 Likes
Arie67
Navigator
Options

S-Health is incompatible with Strava. As an alternative I used Gear Tracker as an excellent running app. Nevertheless, I was very unhappy with the Samsung watch because of poor GPS accuracy. Comparing with lots of other runners this was worst in class.

I sold my Samsung watch. I bought a Garmin.

0 Likes
tomatoketchup
Journeyman
Options

If you are still in the return window and you really need Strava I would definitely return. Two years on, multiple battles with Samsung and there is zero interest in doing anything about it. They really should remove the Strava option from the app. I had Samsung watches for four years and eventually ditched them, all for this one thing. You should check out the Garmin Venu 2 - the Strava sync is unbeatable. 

0 Likes