Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health to Strava isn't correct

(Topic created on: 30-04-2021 11:34 AM)
SamLeSolide
Explorer
Options

Hi developers,

My galaxy watch active 2 (46) is really good.

The main issue is that when Samsung Health send my data to Strava, the global running time isn't correct anymore.

My last run of today : Samsung Health 30min40 and Strava says 25min44. Any idea why there is a difference in the time ?

For me clearly Samsung Health is right and data get wrong when going to Strava.

Thanks in advance for your support

Screenshot_20200331-173026_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_20200331-173214_Strava.jpg

302 REPLIES 302
Arie67
Navigator
Options

You’re right, Samsung should remove the Strava service from S-Health. Or make the sync service correctly working with Strava. Currently, Strava service is a disqualifier.

I feel let down by Samsung. Therefore, I sold my Samsung watch I’ll keep away from the brand in the future for all kind of devices. I’m happy with a Garmin fēnix® 6 Pro!

Dar2906
First Poster
Options

For everyone who is in love with Garmin, no, they are not more precise, they also process a point with a period of two seconds, take your track to the strava, then zoom in and move the chip along the track (better on bends) and you will see everything. This is all done to save energy in all modern watches, Shinto process the gps point every second, but they only work for a day. Therefore, you need accuracy while jogging, take your phone and run the strava on your phone, if you want convenience, take your watch and do not demand accuracy from them for guiding strategic missiles :).

0 Likes
Arie67
Navigator
Options

With regards to Garmin, you don't know what you are talking about. Samsung has only standard GPS. Garmin is way more accurate since it uses 2 satellite systems at the same time: GPS+GLONASS or GPS+GALILEO. Also precision can be set per second. Garmins firmware is also calibrating accuracy. I've configured most accurate, train 5 times per week and need to charge the Garmin only once a week.

I tested Samsung watch and Garmin together on same wrist in a 10km run, 25 rounds on a standard 400m athletic track. Total distance measured by Garmin: 10.002m, by Samsung: 11.038m (10% inaccurate). Samsung GPS is not capable to follow the bend of the track and registers outside bend instead of the first lane.

0 Likes
tomatoketchup
Journeyman
Options

HI. This thread is not really about the precision. I was always happy with the precision on Samsung and I'm equally as happy on Garmin. It's that the precision can be missile-ready, but if it then syncs to Strava incorrectly, which would appear to be the case for 29 pages worth of unhappy Samsung customers, it's pointless. If you don't care about Strava it doesn't really matter. But the beef on this thread is that the sync has not been functioning correctly for months and there is no appetite or interest at all in Samsung fixing it.

Samsung make wonderful hardware. But their software is dreadful. Apart from their TVs - they do a lovely job of those. 

Dar2906
First Poster
Options

You just saw enough Garmin ads, but I watch tracks in Strava like you downloaded from Garmin. But as they wrote below, this topic is not about what is more precise, but about the fact that the synchronization between Samsung and Strava is bad. But ... after the last update I do not see this problem, I honestly even thought that the topic was closed, the distance in Strava is a little more but not too much to pay attention to as before.

Screenshot_20210501-051509_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20210501-051543_Strava.jpg

0 Likes
jchappy
First Poster
Options

Same issue for me. Long time Strava user, been using it with Fitbit Ionic watch for years with zero issues syncing. Just purchased a Galaxy Watch 4 and the data is all over the place when syncing to Strava. This is a major problem for me!

0 Likes
etche
First Poster
Options

As we can all sadly see, NO ONE CARES! Thanks Samsung.

0 Likes
Arie67
Navigator
Options

Forget Samsung Health. It does not work correctly with Strava.

Try alternative app instead of SH. I used GearTracker for running on my Samsung watch which I had in the past before switching to Garmin.

0 Likes
Skully14
Explorer
Options

My advice is to return the Samsung watch and phone and by Apple

I did when it was upgrade timeSamsung and strava

0 Likes
Skully14
Explorer
Options

Return the Samsung watch and upgrade to Apple when you can

Samsung and strava can't work together, rubbish