Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health to Strava isn't correct

(Topic created on: 19-01-2021 04:55 PM)
SamLeSolide
Explorer
Options

Hi developers,

My galaxy watch active 2 (46) is really good.

The main issue is that when Samsung Health send my data to Strava, the global running time isn't correct anymore.

My last run of today : Samsung Health 30min40 and Strava says 25min44. Any idea why there is a difference in the time ?

For me clearly Samsung Health is right and data get wrong when going to Strava.

Thanks in advance for your support

Screenshot_20200331-173026_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_20200331-173214_Strava.jpg

302 REPLIES 302
amallagh
Explorer
Options
I got fed up with the partial work arounds we've all been forced to do for a year now. I was more than patient believing that Samsung would take notice of our 100s of formal complaints and comments.   But life is too short and you can only go being ignored for so long.

I just recently cut my losses, sold the Active 2 and bought a Garmin watch.

Cheaper and does everything I want better and more accurately, and Garmin Connect app is brilliant with software that works.

The Active 2 was great hardware but without good software support and a supplier that values customer feedback then that is worthless. I've had successive Samsung Galaxy phones for many  years which have been great but they are unlikely to be on my shortlist when current one comes round for replacement because of the customer experience with the watch.

I take no delight in saying any of this, and can't belive how much time I wasted trying to get Samsung to take this issue seriously.
Arie67
Navigator
Options

The same for me. I totally misjudged Samsung Galaxy Watch. I thought I would buy a nice smart watch that I can also use for my running activities with Strava. Buying the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2, ended up in buying a proverbial lemon. Watch GPS is inaccurate and Strava Connection Service is worthless since it's transferring incorrect data.

I wonder why Samsung provides a Strava connection service at all? Provide nothing or provide a good thing! Providing something that doesn't work and then you don't want to fix is the most annoying for customers.

I also feel so denied by Samsung, that that I will completely ignore the brand in the future.

0 Likes
Dar2906
First Poster
Options

In general, it is good that I still follow this topic. The problem is solved. Those who bought Garmin - do not rejoice, there are the same problems in the latest models (fenix 5 and 6s). The problem is solved (if you have tizen) run4gear, yes it is not as beautiful and informative as SH, but the track is perfect and the distance is absolutely correct. Here is a screen of my track after unloading in Strava, 10 laps = 4 km and 7 meters(a small error,and I did not press stop immediately) while I ran in the rain and snow.There is one oddity - your track from Strava can not be unloaded in any way(the button is simply missing) Therefore, install run4gear, or a phone with the Strava app from the watch, only Suunto has no problems.

All light feet.Screenshot_20210119-155226_Strava.jpg

0 Likes
Arie67
Navigator
Options

The accuracy looks very accurate. I'm definitely going to try Run4Gear. 

0 Likes
SamLeSolide
Explorer
Options

Hello! Run4gear is very good but this is not a solution for Samsung. It is a solution for us but honestly don't ask my wife to run with Run4gear. It is more complex to use than Samsung Health and there are a few down things with Run4Gear:

No voice on each KM

Screen goes off during run. Impossible to keep it on

Not as many sports as Samsung Health. 

Don't misunderstand me, it is a great app but honestly it is the job of Samsung to have a accurate link with Strava for an ACTIVE watch. 

0 Likes
Dar2906
First Poster
Options

Yes, I pointed out in the message above that run4gear is not so informative, but this is the way out for us and it is very disappointing that without action from Samsung, since SH is good and I would call the best.

0 Likes
BenKOz
Student
Options

It sucks samsung haven't fixed this with strava. I'm sure lots of people have just changed to garmin or Apple thinking that Samsung are incompetent as a fitness device.

I have been using healthsync which allows user of samsung health but does a fix to data when uploading to strava 

0 Likes
jakeobgee
Student
Options

Hard to believe that samsung and strava haven't been able to solve the issue. I've been using the Health sync app and it transfers the data from samsung health to strava without the discrepancies. Problem solved. I recommend the Health sync app. 

0 Likes
nyon75
First Poster
Options

don't understand why Samsung is not fixing this issue.

At the same time I think that Samsung is not forced to share/connect "natively" the data with other third-party services.

Try to consider also that Strava is not the only one (Runtastic?).

At the end, if you need to upload data into other applications there are basically 2 alternatives:

Option 1

Using the built-in Samsung Health app to record activities and then sending data to Strava (or any other...) with a specific synch app, for Android I suggest "SynchMyTracks". I've used it for a long time.

Option 2

Install a different tracker app in the smartwatch. I've used the Strava app for samsung watches without issues, it is not sophisticated like the SHealth but does the work and connects with your Strava account. Now I am using the "Run4Gear" smartwatch app that i like very much (maybe better than SHealth) it can connects and synch with third-party services.

Bye!

0 Likes
Arie67
Navigator
Options

Off course Samsung was not forced to share the data with other third-party services like Strava. It’s their right not to do it. But they did! In S-Health, Samsung is offering a Strava connection service.

What sense does it make to provide Strava connections service which uploads incorrect data to Strava?! As said: Samsung should provide nothing or should provide a good thing! Providing something that doesn't work and then you don't want to fix is the most annoying for customers.

0 Likes