Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health to Strava isn't correct

(Topic created on: 07-12-2020 06:17 PM)
SamLeSolide
Explorer
Options

Hi developers,

My galaxy watch active 2 (46) is really good.

The main issue is that when Samsung Health send my data to Strava, the global running time isn't correct anymore.

My last run of today : Samsung Health 30min40 and Strava says 25min44. Any idea why there is a difference in the time ?

For me clearly Samsung Health is right and data get wrong when going to Strava.

Thanks in advance for your support

Screenshot_20200331-173026_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_20200331-173214_Strava.jpg

302 REPLIES 302
nycoy
Explorer
Options

Hi all - having posted several times on this page, I have now swapped over to Apple watch and iPhone.

I can confirm that the data is consistent to within 0.01 miles or 0.1 mph on the runs and cycle rides I have done over the last couple of weeks. So I am happy. 

If anyone from Samsung is reading this, I suggest you update your code to do the same as what Apple is doing...

0 Likes
MirceaForce
Navigator
Options

have you reported to Samsung members ?

0 Likes
SamLeSolide
Explorer
Options

Hello, how do you write to Samsung Members?

My run yesterday was at 6:30/km in reality and got a 6:00/km in Strava. 

0 Likes
Skully14
Explorer
Options

Hi, this has been reported to the Samsung Moderators, see previous posts.

Samsung blamed Strava, Strava blamed Samsung.

The app was never updated/corrected before I changed to Garmin. 

Samsung lost a user there!!!

The feeling I got from Samsung, was they were not prepared to get together with Strava to sort a solution.

0 Likes
amallagh
Explorer
Options
To anyone coming to this long running post will find Skilly14 reply incredible. But it is completely accurate. If I could afford to buy a new watch and phone I would have done already, but Samsung is off a lot of phones shortlist for ever as a result of their handling of this issue. A quite attrochious piece of customer care.
0 Likes
jasontwinters
First Poster
Options

I stumbled on this thread searching for the source of inaccuracies when exporting a GPX file.

The watch is an Active 2.  I'm using it to time "virtual" races. After which, a GPX file is uploaded to the race organizer as proof.  The numbers between what Samsung Health reports and the GPX file are way different, like 3 minutes over the course of a 5k!

Strava isn't to blame here.  Samsung's watches can't handle exporting run data.  

0 Likes
nyon75
First Poster
Options

I faced the same issue.

I think it's related to the export function embedded in SHealth, this because when I use a third-party app to sync activities the times are exactly the same in both systems (Samsung/Strava).

0 Likes
Dar2906
First Poster
Options

I've been trying to solve the problem with different data for a long time, I downloaded other people's tracks from Strava and watched the file itself. The file that the Samsung watch uploads GPS point data with an interval of 5 seconds is because of this and there is a difference, since Strava needs data every second. I think this is done for power saving,whether it can be bypassed by another application I do not know, but I assume that it is not. The GPS module itself processes data every 5 seconds, but if you look at the track from Apple, the point is updated every second

0 Likes
nyon75
First Poster
Options

Dear,

unfortunately the issue is not related to the gps capture timing. If you use a third party app that extracts and send data you will see that works!

0 Likes
Matjoez
First Poster
Options

Flagging the same issue here, quite disheartening to see how many comments there are yet no solutions to a problem that should be a simple fix..

For now changing your run type on strava to 'race' at least fixes part of the issue, alternatively you can export an image of your run and share it on the platform but I doubt that means that Strava will count that exercise on your profile.

0 Likes