Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health to Strava isn't correct

(Topic created on: 04-09-2020 12:53 PM)
SamLeSolide
Explorer
Options

Hi developers,

My galaxy watch active 2 (46) is really good.

The main issue is that when Samsung Health send my data to Strava, the global running time isn't correct anymore.

My last run of today : Samsung Health 30min40 and Strava says 25min44. Any idea why there is a difference in the time ?

For me clearly Samsung Health is right and data get wrong when going to Strava.

Thanks in advance for your support

Screenshot_20200331-173026_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_20200331-173214_Strava.jpg

302 REPLIES 302
MirceaForce
Navigator
Options

MirceaForce_0-1595668361816.png

maybe we will have the fix after all how is with the support from your side on samsung ?

0 Likes
Jared17ds
Explorer
Options

@maverick1103 wrote:

That's how I've been operating this last week. 

So what you do after each run is, go to shealth unlink then relink strava connected service, and it pulls it across instantly? does it show as a proper sun with gps map and all the running data like heart rate cadance etc? 

0 Likes
MrsRob
Apprentice
Options

I don't have to unlink sh and strava for strava to pull through. Though I've noticed it only pulls runs through, not walks/hikes. Has all the detail and map.

maverick1103
Pioneer
Options

Screenshot_20200729-124021_Samsung Health.jpg

Haven't done that, just connected S Health to Strava once and they auto sync across, takes a few hours to show mind you, but this is what it displays. 

Skully14
Explorer
Options

Here is a reply from Strava. At this time, any info gathered from your Galaxy Watch and Sam Health to Strava, will never be correct.  Very poor from Samsung.

Fred (Help Center)

Aug 26, 2020, 1:57 PM PDT

Hello,

Sorry for the inaccuracies. I've taken a look at this activity: https://www.strava.com/activities/3673113557

What's happened is that your activity file contains data points with time, but without GPS updates, and when we parse the data it looks like you're not moving at those points. This causes problems in how we calculate resting time, which results in inaccuracies in pace calculations and moving time as represented in different locations on the page. This may mean that your split times do not add up to your moving time. We hope to have a better way to process this data in the future but unfortunately, there is nothing I can do at this time.

In the meantime, here are two suggestions that may give you a more realistic analysis:

Suggestion 1 - To swap your distance stream (if available):
This will remove the outlier points from the device recording and rely on the GPS data instead.

• Click on the link directly below your current distance listed on the Activity Details page, where it says "Distance(?)" in small letters.
  • From the pop-up, click "Correct Distance".
  • When the status changes from "Calculating" to "Updated," refresh the page.

If you would like to revert the change, you can click the same link and click "Revert Distance".

Suggestion 2 - Tag activity as a race:

This will force the activity to read the total elapsed time instead of the inaccurate moving time.

• Go to the edit screen for the activity in question
  • Mark the activity as a Race
  • Hit Save

Best
Fred
Strava Support Team

For more information on Strava's response to COVID-19 please see our message to our athletes: https://www.strava.com/clubs/231407/posts/8538106

nycoy
Explorer
Options

I've posted about this before. Whilst I agree, it would be easiest for Samsung to fix their data stream that is sent to Strava, technically Samsung are following the published standard for the TCX file, created by Garmin.

Fred is correct (as has been pointed out by myself and others) that the TCX file has trackpoints which for example, only contain heart rate data, and no GPS data. 

BUT, certain tags within the data are optional. And so, as I have previously said, it is not unreasonable to expect that any program that is processing this data should account for optional tags and calculate the route/pace/distance etc based on this extrapolated information. At the very least, it (Strava) should assume a straight line path between any points with no GPS data and include that data with appropriate pace, distance etc.

So yes, this whole thing is Very poor from Samsung but it is alsoVery poor from Strava.

0 Likes
Swetha18
First Poster
Options

Samsung health to Strava sync is very bad. The pace figures from my run are way off actual values, it appears that my run is faster in Strava, and it very annoying because 90% I can't share my run on Strava because its completely wrong.  Please fix it.  its disappointing that Samsung Health dont have good data integration with Strava which is very popular with running communities. 

0 Likes
Arie67
Navigator
Options

Because Samsung is abandoning Strava users, it is better to look for an alternative to S-Health. I am very satisfied with Gear Tracker! :smiling-face:

Get inspired by this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0IJiQFmrPE

nycoy
Explorer
Options

Does anyone have the Galaxy Watch 3 and can confirm if this issue is still there on the new watch?

I would assume it still exists as I doubt Samsung have rewritten this part of the software but would be good to get confirmation...

0 Likes
MirceaForce
Navigator
Options

+1

have the same question