Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health to Strava isn't correct

(Topic created on: 16-07-2020 12:21 PM)
SamLeSolide
Explorer
Options

Hi developers,

My galaxy watch active 2 (46) is really good.

The main issue is that when Samsung Health send my data to Strava, the global running time isn't correct anymore.

My last run of today : Samsung Health 30min40 and Strava says 25min44. Any idea why there is a difference in the time ?

For me clearly Samsung Health is right and data get wrong when going to Strava.

Thanks in advance for your support

Screenshot_20200331-173026_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_20200331-173214_Strava.jpg

302 REPLIES 302
vaughntaylor
First Poster
Options

I ran a little over 6 miles.

0 Likes
MrsRob
Apprentice
Options

Still not working for me.

Recorded tonight's run on samsung health, synced to strava and it was 8 mins out and only changed once I saved it as a race 😞

The strava app on my watch is now not syncing to my phone (first time I've had an issue with that but wanted to use SH as I feel Strava drains my watch battery more).

I've just got GT but I can't connect it to strava as my email address has an underscore in it and the watch keyboard on GT doesn't have it so I can't link them. 

So annoyed with everything just now that I've had a go at both Samsung and Strava and told them to pull their fingers out and talk to each other, especially when more and more people are out due to world circumstances and they ought to bring a bit of joy to our lives 😂

0 Likes
Skully14
Explorer
Options

@Skully14 wrote:

Ok it does now appear that you can sync Strave back to Sam Health

Yesterday i completed a home workout (not outside run or bike) by using the Strava App on the watch.

I manually synced on the watch, which ive always done when doing home workout with Strava, this sends the info to Strava.

I have this morning, opened Sam Health on my phone and found my Strave workout,from yesterday, has been logged under Recent Workouts in Sam Health,  im sure it never did this before.!!

Now i need to complete an outside run or bike just using the Strava app on the watch, and see if it uploads to Sam Health on my Phone.

What are your guys thoughts on this?

So im more confused today, see my note above.

Today i completed a home workout using Strava app on the watch, to see if it would auto sync back to Samsung Health, as above.

It didnt, not really surprised.

But if i unlink Strava and Sam Health, within the Sam Health app on my  phone, then relink back together, my workout from this morn uploads to Sam Health, very confusing.

Anyone have an idea why this would happen?

0 Likes
Jared17ds
Explorer
Options

So im more confused today, see my note above.

Today i completed a home workout using Strava app on the watch, to see if it would auto sync back to Samsung Health, as above.

It didnt, not really surprised.

But if i unlink Strava and Sam Health, within the Sam Health app on my  phone, then relink back together, my workout from this morn uploads to Sam Health, very confusing.

Anyone have an idea why this would happen?

So i just completed a small test run using strava on my watch to see if strava will sync to my shealth and so far nothing has gone across, so yeah im also disapointed it didnt work, wonder how long it took to sync for others?

0 Likes
nycoy
Explorer
Options

@vaughntaylor wrote:

I just noticed the sync from Samsung Health to Strava over the last two days has been correct in that Strava shows almost exactly the same pace and duration that I see in Samsung Healt.  So, I'm wondering if something changed somewhere.

Hi @vaughntaylor was yours correct in Strava without changing it to "Race" in the type field?

I noticed Samung Health app on the watch got an update on mine yesterday. But I ran today, and the times between Samsung Health and the race after it downloads to Strava are still massively different.

0 Likes
Arie67
Navigator
Options

I don't think Strava watch app is supposed to sync to S-Health directly. Indirectly, it can. See PS.

Watch apps S-Health, Strava and GearTracker can all sync to Strava account to see your training on computer of mobile app. Today, I tested all 3 apps in 3 different rounds.

1. S-Health app -> Strava = Incorrect, way too fast pace
  2. Strava app -> Strava = Correct pace
  3. GearTracker app -> Strava = Correct pace

In this test I also noticed that GPS distance for Strava and GearTracker is much more accurate as S-Health watch app.  During measurement Strava and GearTracker constantly measured pace. In S-Health, a lot of times no pace is measured.

For me, no more S-Health. I’ll continue with GT and occasionally I will use Strava app.

P.S. I noticed something unexpected. In S-Health mobile app, I switched off Strava Connection service. Immediately followed by switching it on again. After this Strava and Gear Tracker data which were synced to Strava account in the past, now were backflushed to S-Health account.

Jared17ds
Explorer
Options

for those who need to still to use samsung watch app, just get a app called sync my tracks its free and does the best job of getting my run onto strava with a reasonable pace and distance, right now i see it being the only solution for those who need to use shealth still.

0 Likes
Jared17ds
Explorer
Options

@Arie67 does the back sinc to Shealth from strava work every time you do it? because that seems like a good loop hole for those that need the data on there?

0 Likes
MrsRob
Apprentice
Options

I have been using GT, whenever that uploads to Strava, it then syncs automatically from strava to SH. Has happened the past 4 times without me having to do anything. I keep the strava one in SH and delete the auto one that it's recorded.

0 Likes
maverick1103
Pioneer
Options

That's how I've been operating this last week. 

0 Likes