Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health to Strava isn't correct

(Topic created on: 14-07-2020 10:03 AM)
SamLeSolide
Explorer
Options

Hi developers,

My galaxy watch active 2 (46) is really good.

The main issue is that when Samsung Health send my data to Strava, the global running time isn't correct anymore.

My last run of today : Samsung Health 30min40 and Strava says 25min44. Any idea why there is a difference in the time ?

For me clearly Samsung Health is right and data get wrong when going to Strava.

Thanks in advance for your support

Screenshot_20200331-173026_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_20200331-173214_Strava.jpg

302 REPLIES 302
Skully14
Explorer
Options

Ok it does now appear that you can sync Strave back to Sam Health

Yesterday i completed a home workout (not outside run or bike) by using the Strava App on the watch.

I manually synced on the watch, which ive always done when doing home workout with Strava, this sends the info to Strava.

I have this morning, opened Sam Health on my phone and found my Strave workout,from yesterday, has been logged under Recent Workouts in Sam Health,  im sure it never did this before.!!

Now i need to complete an outside run or bike just using the Strava app on the watch, and see if it uploads to Sam Health on my Phone.

What are your guys thoughts on this?

0 Likes
Jonas555
First Poster
Options

The same problem for me...

0 Likes
AndreGomez
Journeyman
Options

With each passing day, several bugs of frozen screen, the smartface that crashes and resets itself, completely different data measurements, GPS with terrible update rate ... lack of feedback from Samsung developers. I've already reset the device, I've formatted it ... and it always comes back with these problems.

And reading in some places, it is recurring with other Galaxy Active 2 users.

I am completely disgusted to buy a Samsung product like the Galaxy Watch Active 2. I am sad that I did not buy a Garmin 245, Polara or even a used Apple Watch. I definitely do not recommend GWA for anyone who wants to use for sports and I am already recommending alternatives to it for the running group of which I am a part. The discrepancy between the measured data from GWA in relation to my friends with Garmin, Polara and Apple Watch is huge!

SamLeSolide
Explorer
Options

Fully agree. Honestly, this is my last Galaxy Watch Active watch. Probably I will move completely away of Samsung to Huawei or any more Android major actor.

0 Likes
nycoy
Explorer
Options

Another annoying issue I have is with the annoucements for each mile. If run say the first mile in 8 minutes and the second mile in 7 minutes, it will announce

after first mile, Average pace 8 minutes per mile
after second mile, Average pace 7 minutes per mile.

But that second readout is not correct. My average pace is 7.5 minutes per mile at the end of the second mile. Whilst it may be useful to know my last mile's pace, that is not the average mile pace so far...

Anyone know how to resolve this....?

0 Likes
nycoy
Explorer
Options

@Skully14 wrote:

Ok it does now appear that you can sync Strave back to Sam Health

Yesterday i completed a home workout (not outside run or bike) by using the Strava App on the watch.

I manually synced on the watch, which ive always done when doing home workout with Strava, this sends the info to Strava.

I have this morning, opened Sam Health on my phone and found my Strave workout,from yesterday, has been logged under Recent Workouts in Sam Health,  im sure it never did this before.!!

Now i need to complete an outside run or bike just using the Strava app on the watch, and see if it uploads to Sam Health on my Phone.

What are your guys thoughts on this?

I'd be interested to know whether the data that is synced back to Samsung Health from Strava matches what is in Strava. And does it contain Heart Rate, Altitude, Cadence too? If it's accurate and contains this info, then it could be problem solved?

0 Likes
vaughntaylor
First Poster
Options

I just noticed the sync from Samsung Health to Strava over the last two days has been correct in that Strava shows almost exactly the same pace and duration that I see in Samsung Healt.  So, I'm wondering if something changed somewhere.

0 Likes
SamLeSolide
Explorer
Options

Are you trying to motivate me for a run tonight? 🙂

OK I will test and let you know 

0 Likes
Skully14
Explorer
Options

Hey Vaugh, how far did you run or cycle?

0 Likes
AndreGomez
Journeyman
Options
:face-with-tears-of-joy:

I'm going for a run tonight too. I will be waiting your results!
0 Likes