Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health to Strava isn't correct

(Topic created on: 07-07-2020 10:53 PM)
SamLeSolide
Explorer
Options

Hi developers,

My galaxy watch active 2 (46) is really good.

The main issue is that when Samsung Health send my data to Strava, the global running time isn't correct anymore.

My last run of today : Samsung Health 30min40 and Strava says 25min44. Any idea why there is a difference in the time ?

For me clearly Samsung Health is right and data get wrong when going to Strava.

Thanks in advance for your support

Screenshot_20200331-173026_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_20200331-173214_Strava.jpg

302 REPLIES 302
nycoy
Explorer
Options
Ok. so, against my better judgement I am now in the online chat queue to talk to a person on Samsung support (estimated 15 minutes).

I'm taking bets on initial response.... Have you updated to latest firmware... Have you rebooted the phone and watch..... Have you reinstalled the app....

Someone already did post a reply from Samsung saying they did not believe it was their issue. I'm trying one more time...... I'll let you know how it goes, if I get past the 15 minutes wait time....
AntS
Options

Hi all,

I held off from posting the reply I got from my escalation to the developers because: I had no wish to turn this into a Strava versus Samsung issue; hoped for something a bit more positive and substantial for you all; and those of you who've been in PM contact with me over this one have reported that developer response here in any case. Apologies if I've made a mistake in holding off my response.

But, to save you from more frustration:

The Samsung developers have advised that they have done what they can at their end, and are always looking to make improvements, but the bulk of this issue lies at the Strava end, and so must be resolved there.

Contacting Samsung Customer Support channels won’t directly help in getting a fix in this instance. Best it will do is add to any higher level discussions between Samsung and Strava on this issue, demonstrating the scale of user demand for a fix - which is fine if that's what you want to do in this instance. If you are, then, apart from this thread, the Members app feedback feature is the best way I can see to do that. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

nycoy
Explorer
Options

Ok Guys. I just went via the inline chat, and to summarise, didn't get any useful help. I was pointed to a phone number which I called and described the issue. I was then sent an email to upload some log files. I explained that there was no "error" to see in the files, and also that I know the issue can be fixed by them updating the TCX file. But anyway...

I filled in the online form, and also included screen shots of Samsung Health, and Strava and also included my TCX file, and highlighted the trackpoints with missing GPS data as the cause. I submitted it and now I can't see if what I've entered are "in the system" or not. Nothing shows up in "My questions"... Maybe it takes a while to refresh.

But I've spent a lot of time on this. I went through all this a year or two back to no avail. We're all hitting brick walls. They clearly simply just do not care.

I think I'm going to be voting with my wallet and jumping ship to the iPhone 12.... At least I'll be able to iMessage my kids!!

Liaan
Journeyman
Options

@nycoy, that sounds pretty much exactly like my experience. I've tried every possible channels of contacting Samsung's support accross multiple regions, putting huge amounts of effort into gathering evidence with screenshots and comparisons of Samsung TCX files vs everyone elses. Every attempt has failed, I haven't been able reach anyone who cares in the slightest.

I just can't believe such an absolutely fundamental feature (being able to export fitness data) does not work. And not just for one watch, but for every one of Samsungs watches going back who knows how long. Isn't there a single Samsung employee that uses a Samsung watch? How can this go unnoticed for so long? So unbelievably frustrating. So yeah, I have given up as well. The only power I have left is to never buy another Samsung product again.

amallagh
Explorer
Options

l feels incredulous that Samsung don't seem interested in resolving this issue. As we all agree, it is fundamental to Samsung watches as sports& fitness watches.

I have been holding out that samsung would see sense eventually by the overwhelming feebback on here and other forums.  This is fundamentally damaging their reputation as a tech supplier. It seems incedible that they are not interested, but the recent reports above would indicate otherwise.

I'm sure one word from a senior executive in the organisation and it would get some attention. Especially when it seems so simple to resolve.

Surely one of them must take some exercise and use a sporst watch ! What about reaching for names and looking on Strava and giving them a link to this thread. I can't believe a senior manager in Samsung isn't interested in resolving this. The strength of feeling on these messages speaks for itself. None of us care if it is Samsung or Strava. Collectively they just need to get it sorted. Garmin and Strava and Apple and Strava don't have this issue so the common issue is Samsung.  That's not to say that Strava don't have a role but Samsung sould be taking the initiative as they will be loosing out more than Strava.

0 Likes
amallagh
Explorer
Options

@SamLeSolide wrote:

We did already but no success.

On top, this Forum has probably moderators of Samsung which should raise up to the support when a post like ours reach 18 pages !

Maybe we need to reach 180 pages - Lets go for it follow Samsung watch owners !

The person who said we all just need to contact Samsung Support clearly hasn't read or understood this thread. If it was that simple it would have been resolved months ago. We've all been fobbed off by Samsung support staff who just beligerantly don't seem to want to acknowledge the issue or take any resonsibility for sorting it out. Hudely dissapointing and frustrating.

0 Likes
Arie67
Navigator
Options

Yes!! Finally, I managed GearTracker fully aligned with Strava.

To test each setting individually, I made a few rounds. GT Service provides a more accurate GPS. It prevents straight lines on map and incorrect distance. In Strava Link settings, Duration is on Watch. With this, Moving Time is equal to Duration which make Pace correctly presented. The configuration of the Lay-outs makes it complete.

So goodbye S-Health. What a joke!

0 Likes
MirceaForce
Navigator
Options

but the devs at samsung did contact strava to fix this issue ?

0 Likes
Arie67
Navigator
Options

@AntS 
In the Samsung Health Settings area on mobile device there is Connected Services section. Here, S-Health is offering a service to connect to Strava. I assume this service is part of S-Health, built by Samsung. Isn’t it? Why can Samsung not do what others successfully did? This service is linking S-Health and Strava. This service should upload data in compatible format. As simple as that. I simply don’t believe Samsung can’t do this.  I think, offering a connection service which is not compatible, is a mockery!

I wonder what Samsung employees think of it themselves? Or is this a customer-friendly-way to plug the 'Together' function of S-Health?

0 Likes
AndreGomez
Journeyman
Options

Should have bought Garmin. It's so frustration see all this folks trying to contact Samsung's devs to fix this and don't have the correct feedback. Just in case, any of you guys try record a run with Strava App directly on Galaxy Active 2?

0 Likes