Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health to Strava isn't correct

(Topic created on: 07-07-2020 10:59 AM)
SamLeSolide
Explorer
Options

Hi developers,

My galaxy watch active 2 (46) is really good.

The main issue is that when Samsung Health send my data to Strava, the global running time isn't correct anymore.

My last run of today : Samsung Health 30min40 and Strava says 25min44. Any idea why there is a difference in the time ?

For me clearly Samsung Health is right and data get wrong when going to Strava.

Thanks in advance for your support

Screenshot_20200331-173026_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_20200331-173214_Strava.jpg

302 REPLIES 302
Arie67
Navigator
Options

You can see in the above screen prints that I've the same issue with this previous specific test. I''ve synced to Strava and manually uploaded it several times. Duration is 30.32. I walked constantly without pauzing and stopping.

Moving time is different each time and far away from duration time:

1. Manually uploaded TCX file: Moving Time = 13:42
  2. Automatic synced, Distance/Duration on Strava: Moving Tim = 10:10
  3. Automatic Moving Distance/Duration on Strava: Time = 13:31

I'll test it again and instead of walking I'll run.

P.S. When I manually upload S-Health GPX file, the Moving Time in Strava is correct. 

Jared17ds
Explorer
Options

Does anyone know if this problem is being worked on from samsungs side to get solved? iv recently started getting into running and its rather disapointing to have to explain to every that my strava pace isnt correct and im actually not that fast of a runner. also i need S health as i use it to sync to discovery.

0 Likes
maverick1103
Pioneer
Options

@Arie67 wrote:

You can see in the above screen prints that I've the same issue with this previous specific test. I''ve synced to Strava and manually uploaded it several times. Duration is 30.32. I walked constantly without pauzing and stopping.

Moving time is different each time and far away from duration time:

1. Manually uploaded TCX file: Moving Time = 13:42
  2. Automatic synced, Distance/Duration on Strava: Moving Tim = 10:10
  3. Automatic Moving Distance/Duration on Strava: Time = 13:31

I'll test it again and instead of walking I'll run.

P.S. When I manually upload S-Health GPX file, the Moving Time in Strava is correct. 

I did, you've done a good test here. This is just using S Health and not GT right?

0 Likes
maverick1103
Pioneer
Options

@Jared17ds wrote:

Does anyone know if this problem is being worked on from samsungs side to get solved? iv recently started getting into running and its rather disapointing to have to explain to every that my strava pace isnt correct and im actually not that fast of a runner. also i need S health as i use it to sync to discovery.

We're all waiting for Samsung to solve it at the moment, if you read this thread you'll see that it's been going on for some time with some people logging the issue with Samsung and Strava, which they seem to be blaming each other.

For a workaround when you've uploaded into Strava edit the run and set it as a 'race' this will set the moving time correctly and your pace will show correctly. The information is available in this thread.

0 Likes
SamLeSolide
Explorer
Options

Hello Maverick, honestly going to Strava and putting to Race is just not the way it should be.

Personnaly, people just laugh at my results on Strava and I will not do anything for now.

However, DEAR SAMSUNG DEVELOPPER, your behavior of not replying on this forum and not getting us quickly an easy result is just way below my expections (I have always the latest Samsung phone (S20) and used to wear your watches.

This is now over, my next phone and watch will not be anymore a Samsung as I cannot accept that you don't listen to your customers !!!

Patrick_
Journeyman
Options

@SamLeSolide    :  I completely agree with you.
Just outrageous.

gm1k
Journeyman
Options

Hi guys - it's been a while since I checked in here. 

I just want to remind everyone this is a community forum, not  a support forum.

It's purpose - I think - it is to talk to other users, and to raise issues directly with Samsung support if they occur.

Now that we have identified this issue, it's up to each of us to raise with Samsung support to try and get it resolved: https://www.samsung.com/support/

Have a great day

0 Likes
maverick1103
Pioneer
Options

@SamLeSolide wrote:

Hello Maverick, honestly going to Strava and putting to Race is just not the way it should be.

Personnaly, people just laugh at my results on Strava and I will not do anything for now.

However, DEAR SAMSUNG DEVELOPPER, your behavior of not replying on this forum and not getting us quickly an easy result is just way below my expections (I have always the latest Samsung phone (S20) and used to wear your watches.

This is now over, my next phone and watch will not be anymore a Samsung as I cannot accept that you don't listen to your customers !!!

I totally agree it is not the way it should be! I like you love to have the latest phones, with most of them being Samsung's, I got the S20 Ultra in March and got the GWA2 just 2 months ago, apart from this issue I love both devices and I'm eagerly awaiting for Samsung to solve this issue!

The workaround takes like a second to do and that's the way I've done it previously using S Health on my GWA2, however, I use Gear Tracker now on my watch and that allows you to upload runs automatically into Strava and you don't have to do what I suggested due to the way GT works once configured, except I've got a problem with it not working correctly atm but that looks like my setting was wrong.

0 Likes
maverick1103
Pioneer
Options

@gm1k wrote:

Hi guys - it's been a while since I checked in here. 

I just want to remind everyone this is a community forum, not  a support forum.

It's purpose - I think - it is to talk to other users, and to raise issues directly with Samsung support if they occur.

Now that we have identified this issue, it's up to each of us to raise with Samsung support to try and get it resolved: https://www.samsung.com/support/

Have a great day

Whilst this statement is true, a community forum is all about sharing knowledge and assisting others whether that is support or not, I've already logged the issue with Samsung like others but there's no harm in assisting others whilst we wait for it to be resolved.

0 Likes
SamLeSolide
Explorer
Options

We did already but no success.

On top, this Forum has probably moderators of Samsung which should raise up to the support when a post like ours reach 18 pages !