Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health to Strava isn't correct

(Topic created on: 06-07-2020 09:44 PM)
SamLeSolide
Explorer
Options

Hi developers,

My galaxy watch active 2 (46) is really good.

The main issue is that when Samsung Health send my data to Strava, the global running time isn't correct anymore.

My last run of today : Samsung Health 30min40 and Strava says 25min44. Any idea why there is a difference in the time ?

For me clearly Samsung Health is right and data get wrong when going to Strava.

Thanks in advance for your support

Screenshot_20200331-173026_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_20200331-173214_Strava.jpg

302 REPLIES 302
Arie67
Navigator
Options

@AsGuusualI used your video's for GT configuration. They were really helpful.

But if you sync a training from GearTracker to Strava, how do you get correct data in Strava?

How can I export GPX file from GearTracker to computer?

Why is it so difficult to get Watch apps like Health and GearTracker on the same paga as Strava?

0 Likes
AsGuusual
Journeyman
Options

Hey @Arie67, thanks a lot for the feedback!
If you want Strava to interpret the GT data itself and not straight up use the GT measurements you can go to links > Strava on GT and change all the options to "Strava" (instead of "Watch"). In the Links section you can also set up an email address to send GPX files to. After this you could manually upload them to Strava.

0 Likes
Arie67
Navigator
Options

Hi @AsGuusual Thanks for your help. I managed to get a TCX file and uploaded this to Strava manualy. Now Distance is exaclty the same as the GT data. Nevertheless, Pace is incorrect in all cases. Via TCX / Link Strava/Link Watch, not any of these options has a Pace that is correct and all are different?!

Pace is never correct. This is calculated based on Movement time. I've no clue what Movement time exaclty means. Duration is 30.32. I didn't stop walking. So if there is something like Movement time it should be 30.32, and than pace will be correctly created. 

TCX Import manual   Automatic - Strava   Automatic - Watch  

0 Likes
AsGuusual
Journeyman
Options

Hey @Arie67

That's interesting! For me it always seems to export the correct times. Maybe it's because you're walking and not running (?). I would suggest you message the GT developer through the official Facebook page. He's been really helpful answering any questions I have had in the past so I'm sure he will be able to help you with your problem.

I hope you can find a solution to your problem.

0 Likes
maverick1103
Pioneer
Options

@Arie67 wrote:

Hi @AsGuusual Thanks for your help. I managed to get a TCX file and uploaded this to Strava manualy. Now Distance is exaclty the same as the GT data. Nevertheless, Pace is incorrect in all cases. Via TCX / Link Strava/Link Watch, not any of these options has a Pace that is correct and all are different?!

Pace is never correct. This is calculated based on Movement time. I've no clue what Movement time exaclty means. Duration is 30.32. I didn't stop walking. So if there is something like Movement time it should be 30.32, and than pace will be correctly created. 

TCX Import manual   Automatic - Strava   Automatic - Watch  

My runs on GT have started not recording correctly since I had to wipe my watch last week to pair it back to my s20 ultra following a wipe and now I wish I hadn't bothered!

Even though GT data has restored the data and settings i did 2 runs, one fri and one today, and both are reporting the duration wrong which means I have to set both to race so it reports the runs correctly. I didn't noticed after Fridays run until a friend praised my pace and yes I was like 30secs a min quicker than my PR.

When I reached out to the GT dev a month ago when I first purchased the app I was told to just set the duration to watch and everything else to strava, I did that before my run today and its still showing the pace wrong, I even deleted the run and changed the settings and uploaded again but they all seem to show the pace wrong. 

I messaged the dev earlier on but have not heard back since. 

0 Likes
amallagh
Explorer
Options

Try this below - it worked after chaning this for me and others

0 Likes
amallagh
Explorer
Options

@Vii wrote:

With Grear tracker app, I had same issues. If you change couple of settings it should help

1. In profile you use go to sources and tap gps to change it to  gt service

2. In settings, Strava tap distance to change it to watch.

If you search for gear tracker faq, it's all there

Hope it helps🙂

try this above - it worked for me and others on this thread

Arie67
Navigator
Options

Differences in Strava when syncing from both Samsung Health and Gear Tracker have probably the same root-cause. Strava is generating ‘Moving Time’.

In the above text @Vii wrote: “In settings, Strava tap Distance to change it to Watch.” In the FAQ Duration is mentioned. I assume it is Duration? I will try GT Service with Duration on Watch.

0 Likes
maverick1103
Pioneer
Options

@amallagh wrote:

@Vii wrote:

With Grear tracker app, I had same issues. If you change couple of settings it should help

1. In profile you use go to sources and tap gps to change it to  gt service

2. In settings, Strava tap distance to change it to watch.

If you search for gear tracker faq, it's all there

Hope it helps🙂

try this above - it worked for me and others on this thread

Ok, I've not done step 1 before so maybe that's my problem the GT service wasn't set. Step 2 I already had changed.

Will try again today. Thanks

0 Likes
maverick1103
Pioneer
Options

@Arie67 wrote:

Differences in Strava when syncing from both Samsung Health and Gear Tracker have probably the same root-cause. Strava is generating ‘Moving Time’.

In the above text @Vii wrote: “In settings, Strava tap Distance to change it to Watch.” In the FAQ Duration is mentioned. I assume it is Duration? I will try GT Service with Duration on Watch.

The dev advised me previously using the above setting is the same as using 'race' mode when you upload to strava, something to do with the moving time which is the problem.

I'm chatting to the dev now on Facebook Messenger, he's trying to diagnose my previous runs and why even though I've got that setting about enabled it's not correctly uploading to Strava.

0 Likes