Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health to Strava isn't correct

(Topic created on: 29-06-2020 04:30 PM)
SamLeSolide
Explorer
Options

Hi developers,

My galaxy watch active 2 (46) is really good.

The main issue is that when Samsung Health send my data to Strava, the global running time isn't correct anymore.

My last run of today : Samsung Health 30min40 and Strava says 25min44. Any idea why there is a difference in the time ?

For me clearly Samsung Health is right and data get wrong when going to Strava.

Thanks in advance for your support

Screenshot_20200331-173026_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_20200331-173214_Strava.jpg

302 REPLIES 302
GrahamD100
Apprentice
Options

I wondered the same thing.  This sounds more like a fix to the Strava app on Samsung watches (which hasn't worked since its 10th June update).  If so, while not related to the Samsung Health/Strava data mismatch issue, it would still be welcome given that, as it stands, Samsung watch owners currently have no way to record activity on Strava.  I've already resorted to using the Strava app on my phone until a fix for either Samsung Health or Strava app on Samsung watches became available.

Ultimately, these issues show that both Samsung and Strava do not appear to be working well together and in the case of Strava I feel they have show a complete diregard to their user community who use Samsung watches!

0 Likes
amallagh
Explorer
Options

My thoughts exactly. I think Sean is referrig to sorting out the Strava app on Samsung. But that has no heart rate monitoring and no use of other sensors like power meters which direct recoding on Strava doesn't supporst

Just to be clear the core of this partcular thread is the problem of uploading data from Samsung Health to Strava and the inaccuracies this introduces due to the different data formatting conventions.

Samsung Health allows you to use all the watch functionality but we also need to upload accurately to Strava for long term storage, review and sharing.

Is it worth writing back to Sean and explaining this clearly ?

0 Likes
MirceaForce
Navigator
Options

I have already give this threat to Sean for better understanding..I did replay to him what fixes will happen...can you also contact strava for this issue ?

0 Likes
MirceaForce
Navigator
Options

please also contact strava to fix this issue 

0 Likes
Skully14
Explorer
Options

Ticket Raised to Strava, see below.

I have a Samsung Active 2 watch with Samsung Health.
My Samsung Health is linked to my Strava account.
After finishing a run, the info within Sam Health appears correct but when synced to Strava its miles out.
Time of run, miles per hr is incorrect and there's no heart rate recording showing on Strava.
Going into Strava and edit to 'Race' makes the inaccuracies a bit better but still not correct.
Why is this so inaccurate?
Can it be fixed before I decide to pay premium?
Can you get together with Samsung to sort this as its so frustrating for us as members
I have also raised the issue within the Samsung community, with one of their mods.
Please help and advise, thanks Ian

0 Likes
MirceaForce
Navigator
Options

any answer ?

0 Likes
Skully14
Explorer
Options

MirceaForce, nope

Only just sent to Strava, ill keep the thread updated, as and when

Cheers

0 Likes
MirceaForce
Navigator
Options

me too keep up to date until it's fixed 

0 Likes
Kjf323
First Poster
Options

I went for a 2.96 mile run yesterday and did 2 things differently -

1.) Turned off phone and left in the house while waiting for GPS to lock in on the watch - ~ 30 sec .

2) changed the watch setting to "highly  accurate location" 

The watch and SH app were identical afterwards - 2.96 mi/35:04 duration. Strava in "race" mode had the identical time and 2.95 distance. 

0 Likes
GrahamD100
Apprentice
Options

As far as I'm aware the issue is nothing to do with the connection between phone and watch.  The watch is running off its own GPS and in any case the first "data transfer" is between the watch and Samsung Health - for me, they have always been identical.  The second "data transfer" is between Samsung Health and Strava and that's where the issue lies, especially since switching to race mode (almost) fixes the issue.  If you do races then setting random training runs as races is not an acceptable solution.  Until this is fixed I'm just using the Strava app on my phone.  It may be less convenient and you don't record heart rate but at mileage and time is correct.

0 Likes