Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health to Strava isn't correct

(Topic created on: 09-06-2020 11:31 PM)
SamLeSolide
Explorer
Options

Hi developers,

My galaxy watch active 2 (46) is really good.

The main issue is that when Samsung Health send my data to Strava, the global running time isn't correct anymore.

My last run of today : Samsung Health 30min40 and Strava says 25min44. Any idea why there is a difference in the time ?

For me clearly Samsung Health is right and data get wrong when going to Strava.

Thanks in advance for your support

Screenshot_20200331-173026_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_20200331-173214_Strava.jpg

302 REPLIES 302
bethaninny
First Poster
Options

HI, i am having the same issues with strava showing incorrect times (I purely know from experience they're wrong), however i can't compare to Samsung health stats as i cant find how to link Samsung health to my strava? Could you tell me how to do this by any chance?

0 Likes
Vii
First Poster
Options

With Grear tracker app, I had same issues. If you change couple of settings it should help

1. In profile you use go to sources and tap gps to change it to  gt service

2. In settings, Strava tap distance to change it to watch.

If you search for gear tracker faq, it's all there

Hope it helps🙂

0 Likes
maverick1103
Pioneer
Options

@Vii wrote:

With Grear tracker app, I had same issues. If you change couple of settings it should help

Hope it helps🙂

This is what I did last week and can confirm it looks like the most accurate so far! A bit annoying I had to buy an app for £6 but totally worth it to get best results!

0 Likes
Liaan
Journeyman
Options

I've also given up hope on Samsung and bought the GearTracker app last week. On my first attempt it failed to record location accurately as it appears to lose access to location data when the screen turns off. Swithing GearTracker's GPS setting to "GT Service" as Vii suggested solved this for me.

GearTracker is quite involved and extremely customisable so may not be for everyone, but if you willing to tweak it a bit, it certainly can solve the problem. The best part is, the developer of GearTracker actually responds to his customer's feedback! Imagine that!

I can't tell you how amazing it is to finally have accurate pace data reported to Strava! I am going to keep using GearTracker until one day perhaps Samsung decide to suck less.

maverick1103
Pioneer
Options

@Liaan wrote:

I've also given up hope on Samsung and bought the GearTracker app last week. On my first attempt it failed to record location accurately as it appears to lose access to location data when the screen turns off. Swithing GearTracker's GPS setting to "GT Service" as Vii suggested solved this for me.

GearTracker is quite involved and extremely customisable so may not be for everyone, but if you willing to tweak it a bit, it certainly can solve the problem. The best part is, the developer of GearTracker actually responds to his customer's feedback! Imagine that!

I can't tell you how amazing it is to finally have accurate pace data reported to Strava! I am going to keep using GearTracker until one day perhaps Samsung decide to suck less.

Totally agree with your statement, I reached out to the dev after I purchased it and needed some help, he messaged back pretty quickly answering all my questions. Totally worth the £6 IMO, just annoying that I paid £289 for the watch a month ago, which was higher than what I wanted to pay and then the extra £6 just to get the basic functionality working correctly.

0 Likes
bethaninny
First Poster
Options

Thanks guys! Gosh I can't believe how much hassle it is just to get basic functioning like a few of u mentioned. Annoying. Thanks again though I will try what's been suggested... fingers (and toes) crossed 

0 Likes
justpeteash
First Poster
Options

Has anyone been using the strava app on the watch? Used it tonight and seemed to work okay. 

Don't think it's a great app but the end stats seemed correct. 

Agree tracking with health tracker just doesn't sync correctly.

0 Likes
amallagh
Explorer
Options

@Vii wrote:

Hope it helps🙂

Thanks, I'll try that. Sods law I just had a bad fall last night running at speed going down a slight slope and broke my elbow so wont be running or cycling for a while.  Somehow my drawstring laces tangled and I went down in an instant and bounced down the road going head over heels. The initial impact with the tarmac waw brutal and my knees, hip, elbow, shoulder and head all paid the price.  Ho Hum. I'll look forward to trying your suggestions when I'm back up and about !

0 Likes
Vii
First Poster
Options

amallagh, hope you recover fast and easy.

Yes, strava app works fine for me as well. Very little customisation available though...

0 Likes
MirceaForce
Navigator
Options
the updated strava on galaxy active 2 to v1.3.8 but the app is crashing not opening....does anyone has the same issues on their active 2 ?
0 Likes