Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health to Strava isn't correct

(Topic created on: 09-06-2020 12:34 AM)
SamLeSolide
Explorer
Options

Hi developers,

My galaxy watch active 2 (46) is really good.

The main issue is that when Samsung Health send my data to Strava, the global running time isn't correct anymore.

My last run of today : Samsung Health 30min40 and Strava says 25min44. Any idea why there is a difference in the time ?

For me clearly Samsung Health is right and data get wrong when going to Strava.

Thanks in advance for your support

Screenshot_20200331-173026_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_20200331-173214_Strava.jpg

302 REPLIES 302
Patrick_
Journeyman
Options
I have the same issue.
I use Samsung Health and let it sync with Strava, but the differences are very big. (Up to 40 seconds per km difference !!) 😖😖
0 Likes
Skully14
Explorer
Options

Hi mjcowell, please see reply,today, from Ant, one of the mods from here.

Skully14
to AntS Moderator
yesterday

Samsung Health to Strava isn't correct

Ant we communicated 4 weeks ago about the above thread.

Lots of watch users have added to the issue, all about the same frustrating issue.I

I personnaly reported 2 errors through my phone app, no reply or feedback.

Can you find out if there is any movement in fixing the issue, or will we have to accept this is the way it is between Samsung and Strava?

Cheers Ian

AntS
AntS Moderator
5 hours ago

Hi Ian,

There's nothing concrete, sadly. The reply I got back from the developers on this issue is that whilst they are working on making improvements from the Samsung end, the bulk of the improvement needs to come from Strava.

0 Likes
mjcowell
First Poster
Options

Hi,

OK, well it sounds like they may already be working on it. Like I say I'm not really in a related business unit, but am happy to try and help if possible.

Michael

0 Likes
SamLeSolide
Explorer
Options

I dont agree that most work needs to come from Strava !

If you have a Polar or Garmin, you get the same distance and time to the 0.001 ms !

It is David against Goliat here... Probably Samsung doesn't send wrong data but if Strava has other requirements, then I believe the adjustment work needs to be on the Samsung side.

Skully14
Explorer
Options

Anyone able to reach out to DC Rainmaker for his thoughts?

He's the guy to go to for anything Sport wearable, love to hear his opinion.

If the likes of Garmin can match up with Strava, why cant Samsung?

0 Likes
amallagh
Explorer
Options
This whole issue seem frankly ridiculous.
I had been on the look out for good GPS sports watch for a while to replace one I'd had for 7 years but fancied the best sports oriented smart watch so went for Samsung Active 2 LTE 44mm based on online reports.
I was told that it would work seamlessly with my relatively new Sony phone. It didn't, but was then assured by Samsung helpline that the software, functionality and compatibility would be much better with a Samsung phone, so got an S10e.
Although it is better then with the Sony, I am also getting the problems described in this thread. I've spent a fortune being led down the garden path being led to believe that I just needed to spend more to get the performance I want, only to find that the software and Apps are underdeveloped and full of fundamental bugs like this one.
I used to have Samsung phones back in the S2 & 3 days. I'm regretting swapping back and feel very let down by Samsung right now.
The length of time this apparently simple issue has been around for speaks volumes about Samsung customer service.
I understand Strava have a role to play in sorting this out as well who I also subscribe to.
The hardware side of the watch is fine but that is for the birds if the software and apps don't work. The link with Strava is critical for anything trying to call itself a sports watch.
Sounds like we are all praying Samsung take notice of threads like this and respond as they should have done already. If they don't then I for one won't buy their products again.
It is almost impossible to imagine that someone in Samsung isn't working night and day to sort out an issue as fundamental as this which is causing such bad publicity on their very own community website !!! But the lack of response from Samsung would indicate otherwise.
Fingers crossed.
JamesDuffy
First Poster
Options

Add me to the list of the exact same issue.

Get this sorted Samsung or add me to the list of lost customers.

0 Likes
wheeldogg
First Poster
Options

same issue here. Clearly a sofware issue.

The distance is the same in Strava and Samsung Health, however the time is less in Strava therefore the pace is increased a lot.

So you look like a professional soccer player going for your tidy 3km at 4mins/km pace when in fact you were just casually jogging along :smiling-face: Please fix this up, it's a bit of a joke that people have to work so hard to try and get this simple feature to work, from arguably one of the more popular watches (smart active 2 in my case).

GalaxyLiam
Student
Options

Same frustrating issue. I've been able to get around it by exporting the gpx file from Samsung health and uploading that to Strava, which seems correct (matches SHealth data). Unfortunately in doing that you lose heart rate data.

0 Likes
amallagh
Explorer
Options
Well this information might help those more technically minded people out there.
I saw reference on this thread about the option to use another App instead of Samsung Health to record data and link to Strava
So I spent many hours at the wknd getting Gear Tracker set up for runs and rides.
Gear Tracker for the Samsung Galaxy Watch.
https://www.facebook.com/GearTrackerApp/

Given what some has explained on here might be the route of the problem, then I thought another app might resolve it. Tested it on a run this evening. It does exactly the same thing when uploading data to Strava and in fact is much worse.
It was only picking up GPS points every 30 seconds to a minute despite having it set to 4 second tracking. So the GPS trace on watch or Strava was joining the dots with straight lines. Never seen a worst trace. On uploading to Strava it went from a 1hr 18 minute run to just over 30 minutes of moving time on Strava. So needless to say it was showing pace like I was an Olympic athlete. I'm not unfortunately. I've never had it anywhere near this far out with Samsung Health uploads but still the same issue I think.

So it looks like an independently developed app designed to work on the Samsung watches does exactly the same things as the Samsung Health app when uploading to Strava ( just worse!).
'Liaan', Is this what you would have expected ?

maverick1103' , you said you installed the Gear Tracker App and it sorted the problem. Not, for me. It did the same thing as Samsung Health when uploading to Strava ( but worse)
0 Likes