Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health to Strava isn't correct

(Topic created on: 15-05-2020 01:19 PM)
SamLeSolide
Explorer
Options

Hi developers,

My galaxy watch active 2 (46) is really good.

The main issue is that when Samsung Health send my data to Strava, the global running time isn't correct anymore.

My last run of today : Samsung Health 30min40 and Strava says 25min44. Any idea why there is a difference in the time ?

For me clearly Samsung Health is right and data get wrong when going to Strava.

Thanks in advance for your support

Screenshot_20200331-173026_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_20200331-173214_Strava.jpg

302 REPLIES 302
Richard1984
Apprentice
Options

Yep agree with this. My Samsung has gone back and I have a Garmin now.

Miss out slightly on the smartwatch side but I wasnt too fussed about that. For better than any samsung watch as a fitness watch.

Plus Samsung Heslth sucks!

maverick1103
Pioneer
Options

@Richard1984 wrote:

Yep agree with this. My Samsung has gone back and I have a Garmin now.

Miss out slightly on the smartwatch side but I wasnt too fussed about that. For better than any samsung watch as a fitness watch.

Plus Samsung Heslth sucks!

Out of curiosity which Garmin watch did you buy? 

0 Likes
SamLeSolide
Explorer
Options

Hello Maverick,

I love my S20 but hate my watch...

Strava app on the watch is NOT good at all. Sometime, it takes 15 minutes to get a GPS point. With S Health, 10 second is sufficient...

No, you cannot use Strava on the phone (which is great) and then sync to your watch. Actually, I don't see why you would do this.

Honestly, the watch looks good, the new version (2) has a speaker which enable me to talk to people with the phone while cycling around. Battery is also great and honestly the shape of the watch is the best on the market so far. IU is very fast too.

Four main issues:

- Samsung Pay isn't capatible with many credit card companies (I had to do a new credit card just to pay with my watch...)

- "OK Google" is not possible as it is not an Android Wear Watch...

- Strava / S Health isn't working well at all

- Apps on their AppStore is very limited

In a nutshell, super hardware, Tizen (their soft) cannot beat Android Wear.

Last problem, Android Wear Watch maker hasn't good hardware for now... It drains too much battery. Probably 2020 or 2021 things will change.

Good luck in making your decision.

Richard1984
Apprentice
Options

Forerunner 645 Music

maverick1103
Pioneer
Options

@SamLeSolide wrote:

Hello Maverick,

I love my S20 but hate my watch...

Strava app on the watch is NOT good at all. Sometime, it takes 15 minutes to get a GPS point. With S Health, 10 second is sufficient...

No, you cannot use Strava on the phone (which is great) and then sync to your watch. Actually, I don't see why you would do this.

Honestly, the watch looks good, the new version (2) has a speaker which enable me to talk to people with the phone while cycling around. Battery is also great and honestly the shape of the watch is the best on the market so far. IU is very fast too.

Four main issues:

- Samsung Pay isn't capatible with many credit card companies (I had to do a new credit card just to pay with my watch...)

- "OK Google" is not possible as it is not an Android Wear Watch...

- Strava / S Health isn't working well at all

- Apps on their AppStore is very limited

In a nutshell, super hardware, Tizen (their soft) cannot beat Android Wear.

Last problem, Android Wear Watch maker hasn't good hardware for now... It drains too much battery. Probably 2020 or 2021 things will change.

Good luck in making your decision.

Thanks for the information! 

Sorry maybe I didn't explain myself properly, I don't want to sync data from phone to watch i was wondering if its possible to view live data from the phone on the watch, like Android Wear does, which I assume you can't and they run separately? 

Unfortunately there isn't a perfect watch out there, it seems you go for fitness or lean more to the smart side of things!  I simply would like to use the watch to see notifications on a run, that track runs well in Strava as I currently do with my phone and have decent data available.

I've ordered mine view Amazon who are good with returns so I may test it out and send it back if it doesn't do as I hoped.

I'm glad and disappointed that I found this thread now.

0 Likes
pmgn
First Poster
Options

I also have the same problem. Fortunately even between complaining buyers you have experts willing to help. I hope Samsung team monitors this forum and are willing to spend half a day of coding helping a big community. Otherwise you'll have complains and promises to never buy "top notch" Samsung products again 

0 Likes
noise36
Journeyman
Options

I run regularly with my GWA2, listening to offline spotify and it works well, GPS/HRM etc, but I still feel that unfortunately Samsung just dont care very much about the fitness aspect of their wearables.

If they cared they would use industry standard data files and formats and make it easer to export data like garmins, polars , apples watches and everyone else that actually cares about their customers experience.

Furthermore basic functionality like the run coaching doesnt even allow you to amend the warm up period , so turns something that could actually be useful into something that you will never use because you dont want to do a warmup run prior to your tracked run.

Lastly not supporting the ability to connect blutooth heart rate straps and other devices to the watch, when shealth on the phone already supports this and the watches support it unofficially via sporty watch and geartracker paid apps.

Skully14
Explorer
Options

Noise36, Yes this, agreed

"Furthermore basic functionality like the run coaching doesnt even allow you to amend the warm up period , so turns something that could actually be useful into something that you will never use because you dont want to do a warmup run prior to your tracked run."

0 Likes
YannO
Student
Options

Hope so... What a waste...

0 Likes
nycoy
Explorer
Options

I think this reply from Strava is not great. Most of their  reply is not relevant - for example, in my runs I rarely stop or get below 30 minute miles for any legnthy period of time.

Clearly, the data is available within Strava to make a more accuarte representation of the activity than it does initially. Even setting it to "Race" isn't completely accurate but it is nearer. So for me the problem is probably more likely at the Strava end of things than the Samsung end. If you look at the basic GPX data it is quite clear that the data is there to make an accurate record, but somehow Strava does not. It could be that the data is not passed correctly to Strava  -  I assume Samsung does this using published APIs, and it could be Samsungs fault.

What needs to happen is that Samsung and Strava need to look at it together. Which I doubt will happen. 

I raised this issues a year or ago with Samsung and got nowhere. As I have a few other issues with my watch I am now thinking of treating myself to an apple phone and watch when the 12 comes out. As far as I can tell the iWatch integrates better with 3rd party applications. 

But if Samsung and Strava don't get it solved in the next couple of months, Samsung for sure will be losing me as a phone and watch customer.