Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health to Strava isn't correct

(Topic created on: 04-05-2020 05:11 PM)
SamLeSolide
Explorer
Options

Hi developers,

My galaxy watch active 2 (46) is really good.

The main issue is that when Samsung Health send my data to Strava, the global running time isn't correct anymore.

My last run of today : Samsung Health 30min40 and Strava says 25min44. Any idea why there is a difference in the time ?

For me clearly Samsung Health is right and data get wrong when going to Strava.

Thanks in advance for your support

Screenshot_20200331-173026_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_20200331-173214_Strava.jpg

302 REPLIES 302
Pajke
Journeyman
Options

Yes I try it but to no avail. Just like here 😕 

Richard1984
Apprentice
Options

I have just got the samsung active. Linked the strava account but the run doesnt even go over nevermind it not being accurate? Is there normally a delay?

Also tried to run with strava app on the watch then the data doesnt come back to Samsung health. So frustrating any advice?

Aidan8
First Poster
Options
0 Likes
SamLeSolide
Explorer
Options

Still the same error. As I said, I will rename all my runs on Strava and mention not to buy this watch until it gets fixed!

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
Pajke
Journeyman
Options
Hmm it is wrong because a mistake should be in Strava application not in Samsung. We dont know where is problem yet.
0 Likes
SamLeSolide
Explorer
Options

I haven't seen any member from Samsung replying and I am 100% sure that if Samsung was sending slightly different data it would work. Very disappointed by their attitude. I have the latest watch, the latest phone S20 and I feel that they don't care when there is an issue.

Paoolo16
First Poster
Options

Luckily I still got my garmin watch but unfortunately I can't get it now cos due to quarantine I'm locked in different country than my watch :face-with-tears-of-joy: as I do a lot of running recently I'm so fed up with the active 2 watch I'm using now. First5was using strava app on my watch, but for  no reason sometimes it just switches off and I lose all the activity I've done. So stopped using the app and decided better to do sync with samsung health. And hello hello done 10k today 5.45 per kilometre and after sync strava is showing Ive done 4.22 per kilometre and moving time 42 minutes, even tho I haven't stoppped for a minute... Luckily had strava app running on my phone throughout the run,so at least got the correct stats but no heart rate... very very frustrating....

SamLeSolide
Explorer
Options
@ Paoolo16, I suggest you do like me and you change the title of your run on Strava to say that Samsung Watch Active is BAD for running.
0 Likes
OskarKim
Student
Options
That is most likely the strava app handles data "incorrectly" since when you change to Race, displayed time changes
0 Likes
vbence
Student
Options

Hey,

I've submitted a request to Strava as well, but I haven't heard back from them yet. I think that the issue might be on their side. I'll update you if they get back to me.

In the meantime I'm using this app to sync my activities manually: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.syncmytracks.free&hl=hu

It's still not the accurate duration and distance (a tiny bit shorter) but at least the pace is correct. I'd say that it's tolerable, but still not an ideal solution to sync everything manually.