Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health snore detection not working with Watch 4 classic and Galaxy Note 10

(Topic created on: 02-09-2021 10:27 PM)
smbougie
Journeyman
Options

I just got a Watch 4 classic and almost everything works fine. It tracks my sleep and oxygen levels while sleeping, but the snore detection is not working. 

I have my phone plugged in and it is on a flat surface near my head. My watch knows I am sleeping, so why doesn't the snore detection work? I tried changing permissions, turned them all on for a couple nights even, but still it doesn't work. 

How close to my head does my phone need to be? Does it matter if it is a few inches lower than my head? Do I have to be facing it all night? Does the room need to be silent? Any suggestions on getting snore detection to work would be appreciated. Thanks!

edit: I plug in my phone and put it near my head when I sleep. I have it set to check for snoring every night. It works sometimes. One night I had tons of recordings, one night only 1, but mostly it is 0 because it doesn't work. I think it has something to do with where the phone is, how close to my head it is, because my watch/phone records my sleep just fine; if it knows I am asleep, it should be checking for snoring. 

Anyway, I am giving up on this. I know I snore and it should work and has worked, but it's unreliable. I'm just glad the oxygen levels record while sleeping, that's more important than snoring. 

59 REPLIES 59
degsyh
Journeyman
Options
Same for me. Doesn't work. S21 ultra
0 Likes
smbougie
Journeyman
Options

I got the update and when I woke up in the middle of the night to go potty I saw it had recorded snoring twice. When I went to listen to them in the morning they were gone. So it seems to work but also maybe doesn't work, too.

0 Likes
Siebrand
Explorer
Options

I guess the issue is in the SHealth app on the phone which orchestrates the sound recording, not so much the watch app or S Wearable or Watch 4 plugin on the phone that were updated yesterday...

0 Likes
degsyh
Journeyman
Options
Last night I clicked on "one time only" and it worked. I've toggled it back to always and see if it works tonight. Otherwise I'll try one time only again and assume that will work.
dacong2008
Student
Options

wow, nice try. I will do the same tonight

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

I switched to one time only and it recorded three snoring sessions so will see if it records them again tonight with leaving it on one time only. 

degsyh
Journeyman
Options
Did it work? I tried switching mine to always and it didn't work again so definitely a problem with "always". It's a bit annoying if you have to keep toggling between "off" and "one time". Hopefully this will get fixed in a software update. Where do we report this kind of stuff?
lisafox16
Voyager
Options
Haven't tried switching to always but if you have and it doesn't work I may keep it on once only. Yeah a bit of a pain having to switch it on every day but if I forget it's no big deal I guess as its only snoring! Not that I do obvs 😉
degsyh
Journeyman
Options
Haha xx
Linsayloo1978
Explorer
Options
When I first got my watch mines was set to one only for the snoring and it worked. I turned on to always and its never worked since. I'm gonna try toggle it back to once tonight and see if it works
0 Likes