Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health run map

(Topic created on: 24-06-2022 03:52 PM)
Rowey
First Poster
Options

Hi, I've only just started using the Samsung health app but once I have been on a run I can't see anywhere on the app which let's me view the map where I have been. 

Does the app track the route or is this not a feature. All GPS settings were on high accuracy. 

Can someone let me know where I can see the map, thanks, ste

19 REPLIES 19
Docdolittl3
First Poster
Options

Open Samsung health app in the watch, then swipe down to the symbol of the person running. Should say "record your workout." Tap that and a big button will appear saying "work out." Tap that and it will bring you to a list of workouts to choose from. Swipe to "running." There should be a gear to the right. Tap the gear, then scroll down to location and toggle it on.

Worked for me. It seems location services was somehow disables for the running program

0 Likes
London2tim
Helping Hand
Options
So what I noticed is if you have the walk as an auto detection eg it detects on its own that you're walking...it won't record your walk in detail on map it will also not track altitude change or barometric pressure etc... ONLY if you start manually the walk exercise you will get all this extra detail info...I imagine this was done for privacy reasons...eg autodetect mode tracks everything you do and maybe some don't want such details to be available esp if someone logs into your phone..eg you go visit your mistress when you told your wife you're at work etc
I mean you can always disable autodetect but I guess it made more sense to disable detailed tracking in auto detection walks
0 Likes
CoeurDelioncze
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. A week ago I bought a new Watch 4 classic watch and when I finish my workout the map will be displayed only on my watch but not on my mobile.

Does Samsung really have anything to do with this problem? Xiaomi can do more than this watch for a few crowns.

0 Likes
Dax B
Student
Options

Mine did the same on my S20.  In the upper right hand corner, hit the 3 dots.  Then select settings.  From there select Location information.  It's probably turned off.  Slide it to turn it on.  This worked for me, now I get my location on the map when I pull it up.  

0 Likes
Members_T6MQU9d
First Poster
Options

hello! do you have the phone with the power saver option set to on?

0 Likes
Dax B
Student
Options

No I do not.  

0 Likes
tony999999999
First Poster
Options
Just been for a run using Samsung health app and on a section of my rout it's in red can you tell me why please ?
0 Likes
VladislavV87
Journeyman
Options
  • Open Samsung Health app on phone
  • Go to settings
  • Scroll down to "provide location information"
  • Turn on "Google Map Platform"

Hope this helps. 

millimolli
First Poster
Options
Help please..I have used Samsung health app for ages for my runs,was alright on the Tues then had disappeared on the Fri...nowhere to be seen !!
0 Likes
omar977
First Poster
Options

me to have same issue did you find a sloution 

thankyou 

0 Likes