Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung health monitor

(Topic created on: 08-01-2022 07:58 PM)
EinarH
First Poster
Options

Bought galaxy watch 4 classic in Norway, but i can not download monitor app for my Oneplus 8t. Information about this was hidding in a subjekt that was almost impossible to find. Difficult to find that info on official pages. Any solution what to do?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Benji96
Voyager
Options

It was known even before this watch generation was released that the Samsung Health Monitor for ECG and blood pressure monitoring would only work with Samsung smartphones due to the medical certification that these had to run (and the fact that the Samsung Health Monitor is a Galaxy Store only app).
So no, you can't install the Samsung Health Monitor on anything besides Samsung smartphones. Sorry, but no blood pressure and ECG features for you.

0 Likes
JeroenKe
Apprentice
Options

This is pure tying on order to force to buy a Samsung phone. Why should this be resticted? The hardware is working, the watch is measuring and the software is registering. The only restriction here is the fully functional software only being available via the samsung store, when it should be available via the google play store, where only a restricted version is available. I feel misled havong bought a watch 4 and cannot make use of its full potential, while I have a non samsung phone.

0 Likes
Benji96
Voyager
Options

It's not, because not every other device has a similar hardware encryption set that is based on an actual fuse to trigger upon software modifications. It would be great if people would actually read about what they order/buy before complaining. It has been known since before the watch has been released that the ECG and blood pressure monitoring were only certified with Samsung smartphones and that it was not possible with others, that's the point that matters. You didn't check beforehand and now you think you're entitled to complain about bad Samsung. Try connecting an Apple Watch with your Android smartphone, good luck. Oops, that doesn't work at all, but why does nobody complain about that? It's a Samsung smartwatch that is obviously going to work best with Samsung smartphones. Nobody is forcing you to do anything, you could've gone with another wearable as opposed to knowing the limits and theny complaining that they're there.

0 Likes
JeroenKe
Apprentice
Options

It was not in the marketing campain that there were limitations with non-samsung devices, but eventually I found it hidden in some small remarks on the product page. Wether this is due to hardware encryption or not, when you produce a product a consumer must be able to use it with its full potential. Your comparison between apple and android is a of course a nonsense comparison. We are talking about android and android wear. The designer should have chosen another safe solution (if neccesary) which was compatible to all android devices.

It suited them well - in my opinion - that the current chosen solution only works with Samsung devices. On the web several workarounds are available, so eventually it could work.

0 Likes