Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Health don't show sleep score

(Topic created on: 23-11-2020 09:24 PM)
HotaruSama
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I just bought Galaxy Fit 2 because I want to track my sleep with more detail. I have a Galaxy S9 with Samsung Health and I was using the app to record my sleep manually as I didn't have a wearable for this. When I configured the Galaxy Fit 2 and I had my first night with it, I've noticed that Samsung Health didn't show the details of my sleep (Deep sleep, REM, etc.), it just ask me to register manually my sleep time as I did usually before.

What I did, was to sync my data to the cloud and I went to Applications option in My Galaxy S9, and I erased all data to restore de App to its initial state. When I opened the app, It asked me for the initial setup, and I've noticed that this time, the sleep option now shows the details as expected.

The problem is, that the next day, when I wanted to view the details of my sleep, it asked me again to enter manually my sleep time and it didn't show the sleep score and details. So, I had again to erase all app data again and reconfigure it, to get the details shown again. Why the app refuses to show detailed sleep data from the Galaxy Fit 2? All the other data is syncing correctly, but the sleep data apparently is not synched. Is very annoying having to delete the app data every day. Is there any way to fix this behaviour? Thanks in advance for any help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
HotaruSama
Apprentice
Options

I've found that actually, the steps I did to get the sleep tracking working, is the way it must be done as described in this page https://www.tizenhelp.com/galaxy-fit-sleep-tracking/

The fact that this info is not present in the user manual or any place in samsung support page, could lead any person to believe that the band is faulty. However I keep thinking that the sleep tracking feature must be automatic as all other brands do. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
HotaruSama
Apprentice
Options

I've found a workaround, but it's kind of annoying as you have to do it every morning. Open Galaxy Wearable app, and then add "sleep" widget to the galaxy fit 2, then, go to the smartband and swipe until the "sleep" widget is shown. Keep the screen on tapping on it and let it load sleep data (takes about 5-8 seconds). When sleep data is shown, go to Samsung health app and sync with the band. Now the sleep data is shown in the app. I hope this would be useful for anyone with the same problem while it's fixed by Samsung. 

0 Likes
Fantastic
Pathfinder
Options
try updating the app or uninstall it and then reinstall it.
0 Likes
Solution
HotaruSama
Apprentice
Options

I've found that actually, the steps I did to get the sleep tracking working, is the way it must be done as described in this page https://www.tizenhelp.com/galaxy-fit-sleep-tracking/

The fact that this info is not present in the user manual or any place in samsung support page, could lead any person to believe that the band is faulty. However I keep thinking that the sleep tracking feature must be automatic as all other brands do. 

0 Likes
chippy22
First Poster
Options
hi there can anyone help my galaxy s10 phone has stopped showing my sleep data like a graph.used to work when I had my galaxy watch on when sleeping using the Samsung health app.the picture is what I now get on the app on my phone

Screenshot_20210121-162757_Samsung Health.jpg

Tino84
Journeyman
Options
yeh mines is now like this as well 🥺
0 Likes
StuJack
First Poster
Options
yep same, any help to get the breakdown into deep, REM etc?
0 Likes
TayebBasit
Apprentice
Options
happened to me, I factory reset my watch and it started working. really annoying
TomC
First Poster
Options

Samsung health uploads your raw sleep data to its servers, who have the power needed to do the analysis, instead of doing it on your phone or watch. The drawback?

It does the analysis when it darn well feels like it. Mine might not show up for days, and then suddenly a week's worth start/stop sleep times will be replaced with  light/rem/deep sleep analysis.

Or if you do an uninstall / reinstall you can force it to do the analysis. That's not a sensible daily approach either. 

Samsung obviously doesn't care about this market any more. My next watch will be a fitbit or some other brand that takes its commitment to the market seriously. 

Gilbs1
Pioneer
Options
Mine has just started doing that now too, anyone found a solution yet ?
0 Likes