Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung health app - lack of exercise options in watch

(Topic created on: 27-05-2021 09:12 AM)
Lohikäärme
Apprentice
Options

Why Samsung in not updating sports that are listed to Samsung Health Smartphone app to Samsung watches? 

I believe that no one is recording "push ups", "back extension" etc. individual workouts at gym. People use more general trainings which cover also those I listed as an example before and use for example  "circuit training", "weight machine". 

I'm missing for example Cross Country skiing exercise for my watch. Is it possible to get that in the exercise list of Samsung Health app for watch? 

And an other feature to consider would be that Smart phone app and watch app would be in real time sync and when I start exercise in phone it would record for example heart rate and locations data from watch. That could be easy way to solve the whole problem. 

Sincerely,

M

6 REPLIES 6
CatWomanVA
First Poster
Options

Same here, so disappointed. I do a lot of Zumba and Ab/strength training classes that I can't properly log. Dancing and aerobics are in the app only and don't record my heart rate for accurate calorie burn readings. And it's a nightmare when doing focused weight machines... I hate the generic for most of them.

I've only had my Galaxy Watch3 for almost two weeks and I'm about ready to return it for something else. I only got it over other devices because of the LTE option for when I'm out and about and don't have my phone. It's really starting to be not worth the headache... 🤦🏻‍♀️ I probably should've held out for the next one which is rumored to have Android Wear (Wear OS) on it, at least then it would have synced more easily with Google Fit.

Members_KWHfo7K
Apprentice
Options

I've got the Samsung Galaxy 3 and really annoyed that I can't log my aerobics or zumba on it. I know that zumba isn't on the app on my phone or watch but surely aerobics is one of the main stay workouts!! I do HIIT as well. There are so many obscure workouts on the watch!! Come on Samsung - please update the list on the watches!!!

JMPI
Journeyman
Options

So they have those wildly popular sports that millions use like hulahoop but not pickle all or generic weight lifting.

0 Likes
DrAlpha
Journeyman
Options
The app is useless if it doesn't have the excercises we do. It doesn't have Flat bench dumbbell fly ? Why???
0 Likes
dougie1
First Poster
Options
I've got the watch4 classic and still there is no strength training; free weights; weightlifting; Olympic weightlifting options. I get that there's specific exercises like deadlifts, bench, squats, but when super setting or doing a complete routine with limited time rest it's pretty fiddly and not so user friendly.
0 Likes
bso118
Student
Options

Has anyone found which exercise to select that substitutes Zumba or dancing? What about kickboxing? There's obviously no option for that in the selection, but maybe something equivalent like idk swimming for example?

0 Likes