Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Health adding steps

(Topic created on: 01-04-2021 02:25 PM)
Smiler41
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

My galaxy watch and phone were recoding steps accurately in the Samsung Health app until last Monday. I noticed my steps were doubling so I paused the step counter in the Samsung Health app for 'mobile'. Since doing that I am still having issues. For example, I had 732 steps on my watch and went on the treadmill. After my workout my watch said 6600 steps. When I looked at my phone the app added 732 to 6600 but the 732 was already included in the 6600. Is there a way for the app to only sync data from my watch? Its a real shame because the phone and watch used to work perfectly together. Thank you 😊

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Smiler41: If you would like to track your steps using your watch only then please open the Samsung Health app on your phone > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap the cog symbol in the top right of the pop up window > Auto Detect Workouts, and toggle this option off. This should prevent the phone from tracking your exercises, leaving only the data synced from your watch. Let me know how you get on. 

View solution in context

10 REPLIES 10
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Smiler41: If you would like to track your steps using your watch only then please open the Samsung Health app on your phone > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap the cog symbol in the top right of the pop up window > Auto Detect Workouts, and toggle this option off. This should prevent the phone from tracking your exercises, leaving only the data synced from your watch. Let me know how you get on. 

Smiler4
First Poster
Options
@AndrewL: thanks for the advice and so far it seems to be working!
0 Likes
Smiler4
First Poster
Options
That you! That's worked perfectly 🥰
0 Likes
Rhys543
First Poster
Options

I have a similar issue, the app will not let me press the auto-detect workouts button, it is also greyed out. I was also wondering if you know what's happening with the steps count as it is drastically under, while the calories burned is also drastically under, thanks

Bob116
First Poster
Options

Hello. I tried this and it will not allow me to turn off auto detect workouts in the health app. Do you know why this might be happening?

ceaster1986
First Poster
Options
Do Samsung ever resolve any of the issues their customers experience?
Members_SPHxAqu
First Poster
Options

Same here.

Diane13
First Poster
Options

Same

ChrisQPR
First Poster
Options
Hi, I gave my daughter my old Samsung phone and I just realised her steps are now also registering on my health app. I want to her phone linked to my Samsung account and devices, but I don't want the devices linked in the Health app.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Chris
0 Likes