Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gear Watch 3 - ECG/BP UK - 22nd Feb 2021

(Topic created on: 26-02-2021 05:53 PM)
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
So another promised date from Samsung is here, one of many that have come and gone for the current and prior generation watches and other functions.

Anyone received the ECG/BP/Sleep Apnea updates?
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
29 REPLIES 29
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
screenshot from BP show within 1 or 2 points of one another through this afternoon. ECG results look 'feasible'

Screenshot_20210222-182450_Samsung Health Monitor.jpg

Screenshot_20210222-182500_Samsung Health Monitor.jpg

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
140/80 I'd call that off, the other reading where also out.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
I can't quite see the top of the screen of your BP monitor... I figured it was 148... it was 140 ?

I say try a recalibrate over three measures. of course blood pressure does go up and down... but I don't need to tell you that if you own a BP monitor and a health watch.

I have a low BP problem due to my heart arrhythmia and beta blocker medication. my results have been very consistent.

personally I wouldn't think a few points difference is significant between readings, as I see my BP fluctuate by at least that amount just getting up and sitting back down again.

However you know your own health and fluctuations... perhaps a recal when you are nice and calm and doing nothing else to preoccupy at the time.
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
MacSavage
Student
Options

I'm in the UK, have a Watch 3, when I install the app to my Note 9, I get the message "not available in your current location" any ideas?

0 Likes
Wightknight
Explorer
Options

Just to clarify, you have installed the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone? Next step is to use the Watch Software Update in the app to make sure you have the latest firmware.

Sorry if I am teaching you to suck eggs.

If that hasn't worked, is your watch definitely a UK model? When you first turned on the watch, it asked you to select the country. Did you have the option to select United Kingdom?

I hope these points help.

0 Likes
MacSavage
Student
Options

Hi, 

That's a good question, the watch was bought in the UK from Amazon just before Xmas 2020. I've just carried out a full reset and was offered UK Ireland and UK, selected UK and re-paired to my phone, went through the whole setup. I can see the BP/ECG widgets on my watch, I select ECG, select open app in phone and the Health Monitor app launches and the message appears "not available in your region" after selecting "Accept".. am starting to wonder if it is my Note 9 that is the problem. I'll check it's region but that was set up in the UK and works fine on the 3 network.

0 Likes
Wightknight
Explorer
Options

I think you are narrowing the issue down. The watch is clearly ready and good to go, but the phone can't complete the next step.

I don't have any Samsung phones to know why the phone isn't cooperating. Hopefully a Samsung phone owner with better knowledge than mine can help you with the next step

0 Likes
MacSavage
Student
Options

I've checked the CSC codes on the Phone and it is OXM which is multi CSC and I have XME/XEU, XME/XME I need to check what these CSC codes are but I think definitely the phone.

0 Likes
MacSavage
Student
Options

I checked the codes and XEU is UK 3 and EE, so not sure why the app won't launch on the phone

0 Likes
Tony_B
Pioneer
Options

Is there a *re*-calibration process for the Watch 3?

I calibrated against a wrist cuff when the BP update first arrived but I think this is skewing results via the watch as the readings are way higher than I would expect.

I now have a new arm-cuff BP device (quite a sophisticated one with AF detection) and the numbers coming from this are much closer to what I would expect.

But I cannot see how to recalibrate the Watch 3 BP reading.

Does anyone know how this is done?

On a positive note, I did have an AF event a couple of days ago, and this was detected/recorded by my Watch (and confirmed by my cuff BP monitor and Kardia).

The other concern about the Watch3 BP readings (apart from being so high) is that the Systolic v Diastolic numbers are almost always either exactly 2:1 or very close, and this is not believable.

0 Likes