Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung gear s3

(Topic created on: 22-06-2017 06:44 PM)
imani_tia
First Poster
Options

Can anyone tell my have they got samsung pay on there watch yet as this is one of the main reasons I bought the item had to wait long for samsung pay to get to the UK and still having to wait .it on my phone but I won't it on my watch 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JordanH
Pathfinder
Options

Hi @imani_tia.

This is currently unavailable on wearables. Please keep an eye out for future updates on when this will become available. We appreciate your patience with this and hope you enjoy making payments using your phone during this time! Any questions, let me know. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Solution
JordanH
Pathfinder
Options

Hi @imani_tia.

This is currently unavailable on wearables. Please keep an eye out for future updates on when this will become available. We appreciate your patience with this and hope you enjoy making payments using your phone during this time! Any questions, let me know. 

0 Likes
AdeByrne
Explorer
Options

For me, I only bought the watch as I previously used Apple Pay on my Apple watch, and the finger print reader on the S8 is inconveniently placed and very unreliable. The S3 is not performing as advertised and honestly I feel totally conned by Samsung. I think I will go back to my iPhone. It just works 

Adrian 

0 Likes
redbaron101
Journeyman
Options
Yes it is available!!

Be very careful with the install though - the Samsung pay app on the phone is *not* the same as the app on the phone that runs for the gear(!!) I was using Sammy Pay successfully for couple weeks with no probems on Note4 paired with the Gear 3. Problems came when I moved to S8 plus - I made the mistake of thinking there is only one Sammy Pay app for the phone. So I installed Samsung Pay on phone then set up my credit card and 8 loyalty cards (yes it does those as well). That worked fine on s8 - made number of payments just fine (other than the annoyance that swiping up now brings up Sammsung pay - unfortunately its also the same action to bring up the home keys - number of times Ive started Samsung Pay app by mistake!

I then paired the Gear 3 to S8 (which performs a soft reset on the watch), which then asked me to install Samsung Pay on the phone (what? - I already had Samsung Pay set up), reset assured it prompts you to install the Samsung Pay for Gear Plugin - however the plugin is an identical app but just called Samsung Pay for Gear - and anything you already set up will not be in the Gear app on your phone.
I think mines got confused in the end I had to uninstall everything and reinstall - just dont bother adding any cards to the Samsung app until you have the Samsung App for Gear all set up first - also to make sure you are in the correct Samsung Pay app open the app on your phone from the Gear first, that way you'll save wasting time not adding your cards to the wrong app.

On the plus side, when it works it works just great! Especially when you see the confused look on the cashiers face.

Just make sure your bank support it tho. Its stated to work for cards from Nationwide, Santander and MBNA, HSBC, First Direct and M&S Bank. It worked for my Nationwide cards.

BTW, you can use Sammy Pay anywhere where they offer contactless payments. Also to note Samsung Pay has no limit, its up to the merchant wether they haver a limit on Samsung Pay - most will stick to the £30 limit to keep it in line with normal contactless card payments.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I have it on my watch and phone but can not use it as my cards are not accepted by it.

I  live in Spain. 

0 Likes