Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gear S3 Update - Battery Issues ??

(Topic created on: 28-11-2017 10:46 AM)
TDazza123
Journeyman
Options

Hi, updated my watch and since its been done I have found the battery life decrease significantly more than before, I used to get 4 days without allways on screen now im only getting around 1-2 days max. Has anyone else been having this issue since the new update ? 

Thanks

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It can take a short while for the watch to settle after an update @TDazza123

Assuming that you've not downloaded any new apps that maybe using more resources it could also be your watch apps optimising. 

If this continues then a last resort could be to factory reset the watch. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Same issue, left it to settle just got worse, reset the watch, the same, reinstalled the app and reset the watch - the same.

For my the weather app, samsung pay and the new update have took a 3 day battery life to 1.5 days if lucky - a disaster.

Samsung you have taken a GREAT product and ruined it

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
TDazza123
Journeyman
Options

Hi ,

Thanks, I do think that myself, always seems to be teething problems with new OS so I will wait it out and see how it goes. Hopefully battery improves

0 Likes
TDazza123
Journeyman
Options

I wouldn't go as far as they have ruined it but yes it is a little flustrating, we will need to allow time for the watch to settle with the new OS

0 Likes
Mist
Apprentice
Options

Same ***** from 4 days to one. Done fresh start and after a while, 2 or 3 days starts to drain again. My first Samsung and probably my last 

0 Likes
Mist
Apprentice
Options

Same *****

0 Likes
Mist
Apprentice
Options
But the phone is like a cake? Sorry but I won't buy that, and it's been, for me at least 1 week, how much time should I wait?
0 Likes