Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung gear S2 software update

(Topic created on: 23-02-2017 10:02 AM)
Shell_77
First Poster
Options

Having issues updating my gear s2. Downloads on the phone fine but gets to 14% on the install and then reboots and a message pops up saying installation failed try again later. Getting really annoying now, does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get my gear s2 successfully updated? 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AntS
Options

Hi @Shell_77.

Which phone have you got it connected to? Is that connection still okay? And, just to confirm, is the Gear Manager app on the phone fully up to date?

0 Likes
Shell_77
First Poster
Options

Hi Ants, 

Thanks for your response!

I have the gear s2 connected to the s7 edge Samsung phone. As far as I'm aware the connection between the 2 is fine and the software on the phone is up to date too. The download to the phone finishes fine but when it's installing on the gear, it gets to 14% and reboots. Then once it's loaded up, a message pops up saying that the update failed and to try again later. 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

No worries. Might be worth trying a backup and reset on the watch. There's a pretty good guide on how to do this on the Samsung US website here. Try a Light Reset first.

0 Likes
Shell_77
First Poster
Options
Hi AntS I've tried the soft reset and then update but still cuts out on 14% on the gear so I did a factory reset and tried to update but still sticks in 14% on the gear. I don't know what could be causing it to not update correctly
0 Likes
JessL
Voyager
Options

If that's the case we'd recommend getting in touch with one of our Support Teams.

We think it's best if an Engineer looks at your Gear S2 and they'll be able to arrange this for you. 

0 Likes