Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Gear S2 Classic has small black bubble on the edge

(Topic created on: 28-02-2017 09:13 PM)
BC56
Journeyman
Options

Hi, my Samsung Gear S2 Classic has small black bubble on the edge and is really noticeable when I change watch faces to a white background. I was wondering if this is normal or does my watch have a fault? (I'm only asking as i don't know anyone else with a smartwatch!

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
AntS
Options

Hi there, @BC56. :smileyhappy:

Are you able to upload a pic of this? 

0 Likes
BC56
Journeyman
Options

The bubble is only visible when I change the watch face to white, which isn't that often.

0 Likes
BC56
Journeyman
Options

20170227_203146.jpgThe bubble is only visible when I change the watch face to white, which isn't that often.

JessL
Voyager
Options

If you go into:

Settings > Gear Info > About Device > Software Version (tap this a couple of times)

Try the Red, Green and Blue tests, does the bubble show here? 

0 Likes
BC56
Journeyman
Options

tried that - the bubble is still there

0 Likes
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Just to confirm, did the bubble appear on each of the test screens? 

Where did you buy your watch from and where are you based at the moment?

0 Likes
BC56
Journeyman
Options

I bought it through a seller via Amazon. My nearest Samsung shop is in the Metrocentre, Newcastle Upon Tyne

0 Likes
Sarah3
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I have the same issue... I had to send my Gear S2  in to have it fixed because the hardware crashed just after the one year warranty... I received it back and now there's this black bubble. I'm so frustrated with this product already. I had to pay an extra $180 to have it fixed and it's been sent back with a flaw. Unfortunately, I'd have to send it away again and pay to have it shipped. I should have just cut my losses and bought a different brand of watch. 

Did you have it fixed or are you just living with the flaw??

0 Likes
Solution
BC56
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I'm just living with the flaw - using black watch faces so that it's not so noticeable.

My problems started when I contacted Samsung and gave them all of the details S/N etc I found that the watch was imported and without knowing where from. (Samsung would only repair European zone watches in the UK).

If I found out where the watch originated, I would have to cover the cost of sending it there myself.

I live in the UK and bought the watch from a UK-based supplier -  not knowing that the watch was an import. I tried finding out where the watch was imported from but as I had thrown away the original packaging they couldn't help.

I wish now that I had bought the watch directly from Samsung which would have saved all the hassle as it would been under warranty.

0 Likes