Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gear fit 2 pro not counting steps and HR monitor not working

(Topic created on: 29-10-2018 08:46 AM)
fizfazfuz
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Its been about 2-3 weeks since my fit 2 pro has stopped recording any form of data. It seems as though the sensors are completely inactive. Has anyone discovered something similar, and have any of you got a fix for this? I've tried updating the apps themselves, and even factory resetting but it hasn't made any difference whatsoever. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options
@fizfazfuz: Do you have the Gear Fit 2 Pro securely attached to your arm, just above the wrist? Are you manually selecting the exercise type you want to measure or are you using Automatic Exercise Recognition?
0 Likes
fizfazfuz
First Poster
Options

@AndrewL Yes, its securely attached to my arm just like its always been. I've noticed that all these sensors stopped working after the latest update. Even after manually starting the HR monitor, its not activating the HR sensor. Exercises like running and walking do not increment the step count, whether its manual or automatic recognition. I would like to revert to the old firmware but i don't think I can, nor will it fix the problem. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@fizfazfuz: If your Gear Fit is failing to record data when you manually activate a feature then the device may need to be inspected by an engineer. As a troubleshooting step I recommend restoring the watch to its default settings by going to Settings > Gear Info > Factory Reset. This will remove any personal data from the device but should address any existing software/operational issues. If your problem persists following this step then please check the following link, select 'Mobile Device > Phones, Tablets and Wearables and enter your post code to find your nearest Samsung Support Centre which you can visit for a face to face appointment with an engineer. http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/
0 Likes