Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Gear Fit 2 & Strava sync problems.

(Topic created on: 08-09-2018 10:56 PM)
Psyclist
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

I should have looked into this sooner, but I have been having the same problem for over a year now, and the Great North Run coming around again has made me think about it. 

It seems to be a bit of a lottery whether any workouts recorded using by Gear Fit 2 will be synced to Strava. I haven't got any run Informatiom for at least two half marathons which I did, and know for a fact that I started and stopped the workout on my watch at the beginning and end.

Only way I can guarantee it syncs with Strava, is to have the Strava app open throughout the workout, and set it recording my workout at the same time, in which case, Strava will not only record its own interpretation of my workout, but the workout will also sync from my watch.

But then on other occasions, when I haven't been that bothered about keeping any data, I've had a notification pop up after a short training run or whatever, to say that my run has been recorded to Strava, even though I didn't have any apps open. 

Is anyone else experiencing anything like this? 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Lerm
Explorer
Options

Its a known issue in Samsung Health. Basically it exceeds the number of times it can try and sync with the STrava API per day, and so sometimes it will take 12 hours to try again, soemtimes it won't bother at all.

Samsung have known about the issue for well over a year. After numerous promises to resolve it with 'the next Samsung Health update', a fix has never materialised. The latest apparent fix was coming in August this year with Samsung Health version 6. As of today, version 6 installed, there is no difference whatsoever and my runs from this weekend  and last week have still not synced to Strava.

TLDR: Itself a widespread issue, Samsung know all about it, but don't hold your breath that it'll ever be fixed.

Fanor_Bonilla1
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I have recently bought a Samsung gear fit 2 pro, and I am having the same Issue.

do you now if there is any patch recently released to fix this?

thanks..

0 Likes
StarPants
First Poster
Options

This is a joke. If I had to stop using Samsung watches or Strava, I'd stop using Samsung. Never had any problems with syncing on my old TomTom watch to Strava. It's a shame as the Gear Fit 2 watch itself is quite good, the software not so much!

0 Likes
adolfogsilva
Student
Options

Anyone knows if the problem was already solved?

Because I'm still not be able to sync Samsung Health data with Strava.

0 Likes
burg9
Journeyman
Options
Still not fixed, wonder if they'll ever bother. It does seem to be fine if I run directly with the Stava app though, syncs immediately over to Samsung Health then too. Very poor effort for a trivial fix from Samsung but works none the less.
0 Likes