Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch overheating and battery draining very fast.

(Topic created on: 16-02-2020 11:48 AM)
Spoilthamster
Apprentice
Options

In the last few days I'm facing a lot of problems with my watch. The watch is not charging properly, it's heating up while charging. The screen keeps on showing overheating signs and goes into some power-saving mode. If i put watch on charge with approx 60%  whilst on the charger it will drop to about 20% and showes as over heating. And above all the battery drains in like 3 to 4 hrs. I have been using the watch for 3 months now and never had a problem before.

Kindly help me with a solution.
I'm using Note 9.

Regards

53 REPLIES 53
slicknancy77
First Poster
Options

My husband had a serious issue with his watch on Saturday 1/2/21. It burned his wrist pretty badly. He was wearing it, noticed it was hurting a bit, took it off and found there was a very red circle that immediately started to blister badly. We went to our local Sprint/T-Mobile location which is where it is serviced from. Finally heard back from someone today that there is nothing they can do. How can this be, a watch that severely burns someone and no one will take responsibility?? This watch is worn 3-4 times a week, charged on the approved Samsung charger and according to the sprint store in pretty much perfect condition. I still can not believe this specific location will not provide me with contact information as to whom I need to discuss this with. Has anyone else has this experience?

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @slicknancy77 

This is not what we like to hear. Could we ask where you are based please?

0 Likes
slicknancy77
First Poster
Options

Yes, Lombard Illinois 

0 Likes
LincolnK
Student
Options

I have experienced the same problem except the watch does not hold any charge.  This is appalling and sadly does not appear to be any fix for the problem?

0 Likes
WaveyKat
Journeyman
Options

Yea I also been having the same issue for quite some time and Samsung doesn’t really care once they got your money your screwed! 

0 Likes
LincolnK
Student
Options

Yes really screwed, well I am going back to Apple as I have had a series of ongoing problems with this watch.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @slicknancy77 

You've come through to the Samsung UK Community here. We'd suggest contacting our friends over on the US Community here.

0 Likes
Michal H
First Poster
Options

Same thing happened to me today. Did you get any support or advice what could be the reason? Thanks

David8
First Poster
Options

Bought a Galaxy 3 watch, directly from Samsung, on 21/03/21. Within days, the overheating/battery drain problem started. Numerous resets later and I’m talking with Samsung service, fault logged. No advance warranty swop offered, this surprised me. Instead, I was told to return the watch via sales and a new one would be sent. Called sales, told no, this was not possible as I’d moved home since the purchase date. Only thing they could do was credit my bank account, once they’d received the watch back. Okay I say, lets do this. I order a new watch, paying again. I sent the watch and charge back on 09/04/21, receiving the new watch on the same day. April 14th and the the ‘cooling’ message on the new watch starts appearing, with massive battery drain. Back to square one. The design of the product/software is not fit for purpose. In addition, Samsung Service really sucks. I have spent hours on the first watch problem. The service is to sale the least very wooden. Although I raised a complaint about the service and tried to have a very garbled conversation with a manager, the signal was so bad I dumped the call. They didn’t call back, which says a lot. So I’m about to start on the next debacle of conversations with Samsung Service/Sales to return the watch and get my money back. This time, lesson learned and I would think twice about buying another Samsung product. Who ever heads up Samsung Customer Services needs a rocket up their posteriors. The support given truly reflects poorly on Samsung. An organisation who, one would thinks, would have their act together!

Shawn63
First Poster
Options

I'M HAVING THE SAME ***** PROBLEMS!!😠