Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch overheating and battery draining very fast.

(Topic created on: 10-10-2020 06:35 PM)
Spoilthamster
Apprentice
Options

In the last few days I'm facing a lot of problems with my watch. The watch is not charging properly, it's heating up while charging. The screen keeps on showing overheating signs and goes into some power-saving mode. If i put watch on charge with approx 60%  whilst on the charger it will drop to about 20% and showes as over heating. And above all the battery drains in like 3 to 4 hrs. I have been using the watch for 3 months now and never had a problem before.

Kindly help me with a solution.
I'm using Note 9.

Regards

53 REPLIES 53
Stressballs1
Student
Options
I have. They are collecting it tomorrow
skykit84
Pioneer
Options

Good luck!

I gave up on the galaxy watch and managed to bag an active 2 at a very good price.  No issues with overheating or battery problems vs the numerous issues I had despite 2 repairs previously.

0 Likes
WaveyKat
Journeyman
Options

They came out with an update recently which I updated my watch last night fully charged it and it got extremely hot and started saying “cooling down” then shut off! “ Using it with my GS10” Turned it on this morning 6am and within 10-15 mins battery drain to 90% by the time 10am it’s completely dead! I have all major features turned off screen dimmed, WiFi off location off mostly every off notifications off! And this battery still drain!! Samsung really sucks for doing this $h!t with  the updates to force consumers to purchase a newer  product! But mind you my first generation Apple Watch still hold charges and functions decently. it’s frustrating buying such and expensive device for it to function like $h!t and then they want to give you pennies for it when trading! I won’t ever buy anymore or recommend they $h!t products! 

AhHui
First Poster
Options

I also have the watch is not charging properly, it's heating up while charging. But intermittently. So is not every time it will happen but will happen at least once per weeks. 

The best thing is I brought the watch to them and show them the picture. Does they think if it is not happen frequency,  will I want to take a photo?

And they charge for 30 min, and found no issues and return the watch to me.

1 day later, the overheating occur again. Then for the next 5 days, there is no issues while charging.

Then this watch give me a new issues. I charge for 4 hours, the battery is not full. And I monitor it for the next few hours, and the battery power is declining while charging. The heart rate shown 172bpm. Even I am not wearing it. Remove the watch and bring to Samsung. Then I discover although the shop is open till 9. but the customer service is until 7pm only. Bring the watch back, and it is able to charge.

The next day same thing happen again. Unable to charge. And heart rate shown 168bpm. Brought the watch to Samsung and the watch is still showing 168bpm when I not wearing it. Also shown the the photo that the battery is feeling when charging. And feedback the tons of issues I encounter with this watch since I got it and for less than 2 month. The ultimate answer I got is they will monitor it for 3 days.

So I ask them, if for 3 days, the symptom don't appear. What are they going to do. They say they going to return the watch to me without doing anything. Does they know what is call intermittent?

This is really frustrating talking to them. The way they talk is not empathy and everything seem to be consumer fault and never is their product issues. I ask for customer relationship team number and give me a tech team number.  Tech guy will only talk about tech and they will not know the frustration of the customer. Samsung, you need to train a team that know how to think and response to customer. When a customer brought their faulty device to the shop, the answer the customer get is if the equipment is faulty due to this condition 1, 2 or 3. Samsung will charge for the repair. You guy really success in driving customer away.

Last week I also brought my Samsung Galaxy fold to repair the screen as there is 2 bright spot. Without seeing the phone already talk about if it is cause by human demand, there will be charges. And the charges is how much.

Really super unpleasant visit to Samsung customer service centre.

MishaK
First Poster
Options

I have been going through the same and I contacted Samsung. It was a waste of time. They want me to pay a fee to see why it is overheating. I refuse to pay for something that is evidently software related. I bet if people are hurt by the overheating, then they will care. 

skykit84
Pioneer
Options

Not sure how much is software otherwise I would think this would be evident worldwide with every owner.

I think something is failing inside be it the battery, board or something else.  In my case eventually, the watch died altogether and was fixed by them replacing the unit once they confirmed no liquid damage.

As for being hurt - I know at least 2 people who had severe burns on their wrists and this is not the strap irritation but skin blistering and peeling post heating up

KamiG
First Poster
Options

This literally just happened to me this morning. The watch overheated and the adhesive for the contact pad on the back melted. The contact pad slid off and I now have an electrical burn on my wrist. Not impressed. Hoping Samsung will reply to my email (with photos attached) and offer an adequate response/solution. Otherwise I'll 

AndrewL
Options

@KamiG: I have sent you a message regarding the above post. If you can check it (click on your profile image in the top right > Messages) and reply at your earliest convenience, then I will be on hand to assist you further. 

0 Likes
Kennymariee
First Poster
Options

So! The DAY I got my watch, It overheated! Wouldn't charge! I took back to Vodafone on the Monday (got it on the Saturday) and they sent it off and refused to replace it. 

4 weeks later!! They sent me back the same watch saying no fault. 

Guess what, It is still overheating, Switching to Airplane mode, Turning off, Draining battery. ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE!! Took videos of it tonight. In the space of 5 minutes it did it 3 times. Went from 33% to 1% 

So mad! 

PliciPlici
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here! Not solved yet by samsung?