Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch overheating and battery draining very fast.

(Topic created on: 07-03-2020 07:53 AM)
Spoilthamster
Apprentice
Options

In the last few days I'm facing a lot of problems with my watch. The watch is not charging properly, it's heating up while charging. The screen keeps on showing overheating signs and goes into some power-saving mode. If i put watch on charge with approx 60%  whilst on the charger it will drop to about 20% and showes as over heating. And above all the battery drains in like 3 to 4 hrs. I have been using the watch for 3 months now and never had a problem before.

Kindly help me with a solution.
I'm using Note 9.

Regards

53 REPLIES 53
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Spoilthamster! Are you using the offical Samsung charging dock and cable that came with the watch? Also, check for any software updates for your smartwatch: open the Galaxy Wearable app > About Watch > Update Watch Software > Update Now. Also, have you recently installed new apps onto the smartwatch? 

0 Likes
Spoilthamster
Apprentice
Options

Hi there,
Yes i am using the cable and charging unit that came with my watch.

The Watch is showing that there are no updates availabe and i haven't installed any apps to my watch.

I have reset also the watch incase ther was a glitch.

ANy ohter suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you

@CarloL wrote:

Hey @Spoilthamster! Are you using the offical Samsung charging dock and cable that came with the watch? Also, check for any software updates for your smartwatch: open the Galaxy Wearable app > About Watch > Update Watch Software > Update Now. Also, have you recently installed new apps onto the smartwatch? 

0 Likes
WaveyKat
Journeyman
Options

Same Problem here this sucks big time seem like samsung dont care!

Spoilthamster
Apprentice
Options

I know......  \i was responded to initialy but as i had already done as they suggested no other solutions have been offered

skykit84
Pioneer
Options

Yup same issue here

Note, this may turn into something more serious. In my case, a couple of months ago it started but thought nothing of it.  And then one evening, noticed it got hotter than usual...wrist had a burn that lasted about 2-3 weeks.

I sent the watch in and to be fair, Samsung picked it up next day but unlike a normal company who would probably pull out all the stops...they simply repaired it after finding a fault with the HR sensor and returned it.

No apology nothing.

My expectation was given I was on my second replacement as it is, I would get it replaced, refunded or upgraded and not be given the same unit that caused burns back to me.

And to make matters worse?  Same symptoms have started after only a couple of weeks.

Last week, the battery lasted less than 14 hours.

Then it was ok for a few days until yesterday where it died while sleeping when I know it was 46%.

Put it on charge and it took hours and hours to charge...at one point getting stuck on 46% (while switched off) for about an hour.

WaveyKat
Journeyman
Options

Yea I had to stop wearing mines doesn't hold any charge past 2 hours max them takes a full day to charge.. soon as you take it off the charger I get battery loss within minutes it's down to 90%.. had my watch for about a year I know Samsung won't cover any repairs so now it's a $300+ paper weight 

SPORTSTHERAPIST
Student
Options
I have the same problem but mine has over heated twice by the speaker and burnt my wrist, then it shuts down and smells of burning battery...!
0 Likes
Stressballs1
Student
Options

my watch has become very hot,just burnt my wrist, shut down and a very strong smell of burning. Where do you report these issues?

SPORTSTHERAPIST
Student
Options

Report this issue to samsung direct using the chat facility on Samsung members app. Thats what I have done for the same issue. Good luck

0 Likes