Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy watch overheat

(Topic created on: 16-02-2023 08:50 PM)
Ajays
First Poster
Options

My wife’s samsung galaxy 4 watch overheated and left a red mark at her wrist. Gave a call to customer service where they sounded concerned about overheating as it’s a major issue with Samsungs phones and now watches as it’s not first time, they said we will collect and get it sorted being a Samsung fan till now agreed. Watch was collected and after 3 days received an email saying our engineer (who is paid by Samsung) has come up with his report where it says watch was previously repaired  and thus nullify’s he warranty but we have never got this watch repaired as there was no issue with it before so think Samsung is try to shrug its shoulders and blame customer for their fault which absolutely ridiculous. Would not suggest anyone to buy it as it’s hazardous and can blast anytime after overheating.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@Ajays : I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding the outcome of the engineers inspection. To be clear, did the engineer state that the watch had been repaired by an unauthorised third party? If so, and if you haven't previously arranged a repair, can you confirm if the device was purchased brand new, or second hand? 

Matters of customer safety and wellbeing are very important to us, but if the engineer has deemed your watch to be out of warranty due to an unauthorised modification (in this case, a third party repair) then we must stand by their decision. 

0 Likes
Ajays
First Poster
Options

Hi Andrew 

watch was purchased brand new from currys in December 2020.

1. As mentioned previously it is not been repaired as it was working absolutely fine till this incident happened. It is a small amount for me to get it repaired only reason I am here is because of wrong report of your engineer saying it has been unauthorisedly repaired or modified which is absolutely not true and was not the way case was handled at first complaint made. It was dealt with high priority and transferred from one customer service staff to higher authorities at the same time and all the details were taken regarding what, how and when this happened and it she is safe which she was but yes there was a red circle 🔴 on her wrist which stayed for few hours.
  2. will clarify again that it was bought new and was never repaired.
0 Likes
merlee1220
Student
Options

I want to reply in this thread that it is 2024, I have a galaxy 6, and this is still happening. I talked to Samsung, and they claim there's no complaints on this issue. I told them to go read the forum. Watch is fine, but once it switches to LTE, no matter what you're doing, calling, texting, not doing anything at all, the watch will turn hot, burn your wrist, and then shut down for cooling period. Samsung, you need to address this. There's tons of complaints. Go read the forum! 

0 Likes
AsadM
Options

Hi @merlee1220,

I'm really sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue. If you are based in the UK or Ireland, then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you. Information on how you can send this can be found here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... 

Alternatively, you can reach out to our Technical Support Team directly, and an advisor will be able to pass your details to the relevant department for further assistance. Their contact details can be found here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/ 

0 Likes