Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Galaxy Watch - cannot turn off voice notifications in Samsung Health

(Topic created on: 30-07-2020 05:41 PM)
almac
Explorer
Options

There is never, ever, a time when I want my watch to talk to me. I have looked and looked on my phone (Galaxy Note 10+5g running Android 10) and on every possible setting on my watch (SM R800 running One UI 1.5) and I cannot find the notification setting to de-activate. For software that is at least *sometimes* fairly intuitive, I am very surprised that there isn't just a 'SOUND OFF' button. I've looked in Samsung Health, on the watch, on my phone, in Apps, in notifications, everywhere - I just want it to stop!!!! Does anyone have any ideas? I've seen some suggestions saying to hit the running man when you start Samsung Health but it must be an older version because it simply isn't there on my watch/ phone.

5 REPLIES 5
almac
Explorer
Options

Ok - I've gone (on my phone) to Galaxy Watch > Accessibility > Hearing Enhancements > Mute All Sounds. Maybe this will work. This seems like the nuclear option; why isn't there just an option to STOP TALKING TO ME SAMSUNG HEALTH

0 Likes
Solution
almac
Explorer
Options

Found it, I think. On the watch widget you use to star the work out, press start then click the three dot next to the person icon for the exercise and it is in he drop down menu. It's a bit over-elaborate, but there we go.

0 Likes
Atcold
Student
Options

They just removed this option and the voice is back. OMG! How to stop this nightmare???

0 Likes
SittingDuck
First Poster
Options

This isn't really solved for Samsung Galaxy Watch (46mm).  Even with muting all sounds you still get the voice guide if you've turned on frequency of any sort.  I'm seeing that newer models get an option to do frequency but turn off the Audio Guide.  Why don't the older watches have this, Samsung?

0 Likes
Pedisoft
First Poster
Options

Hello to Everyone

I Have an SM-R810 Samsung Galaxy Watch and after switching my watch sound profile to vibrate or mute and searching for this option in my samsung health and bixby on my both devices (watch and phone) I was failed to switch off this function during my exercise (for example. Treadmill - Cycling and ....)

to be honest, You can only turn off this function with this method + (if the latest update of Samsung Health - Tizen OS and Android OS for your phone and watch wasn`t solved your problem.)

Method + (Step by Step) : 1.Open Samsung Health via your Watch Apps list (You don`t need to connect the watch to your phone or have a Internet connection)

2.Enter to your Workout Record Screen

3.Press Workout Button and Press 3 Points Button for your Selected Workout

4a.Main Way : Set Your Target Settings to Basic Workout Mode Because your watch haven`t any time and half time limitation based on your Duration settings to notify you after the half of your exercise or completion of that.

4b.Alternative Way : if you are not interested to run 4a Step , You can Use this step only for non-AI calculation System Workouts for example Rowing Machine or Leg Press. But you can Try it freely for all of your exercises with lower counting accuracy.

Likes Method 4a just first of all, track your exercise with your primary or default duration or time. monitor your needed burning calories and if your calorie amount number your constant based on your calculated time, remember it and back to your workout selection screen and select your last workout, after selecting target you only need to put your remembered calorie amount in the calories option.

I was tested 4a for myself with success. because when I am in workout at the gym. my Galaxy Watch and Samsung Level are Playing Music for me and after coming to half of my workout, the workout voice assistant sound (without music this is a good option) is speaking about remaining workout and health parameters with MUSIC PAUSE AND DELAY WITH LOUD SOUND! this was a terrible but the Samsung Devices are Smart and Reliable from Old to the Latest (Keep your Mind Some of Device Old / New have some different settings and options based on Samsung Method for Creating their Devices and Software for That.)

I hope to enjoy and use it well.

Sincerely, Pedram Barkhordar

0 Likes