Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch can not count swimming lengths after 3 repairs!

(Topic created on: 19-11-2019 10:06 PM)
Mr_Peter
First Poster
Options

I am frustrated by this watch after purchasing in Dec 2018. It simply cannot count swim lengths!

Since Feb 2019 I have reported to Samsung support, updated software fully reset the watch and returned for repair 3 times in the last 3 months or so.

THIS WATCH IS NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE

upon receiving the watch back from repair for the 3rd time on Monday I went for a swim. NO SERVICE NOTE INCLUDED, NO INFORMATION ABOUT WORK DONE TO THE WATCH BY SERVICE AS USUAL

2 lengths it counted 3!

Four actual lengths it counted 7 error of 3 this continued for a while an error of 3 then more random lengths were added we got to 52 on the watch I did 40. THIS HAS BEEN THE CASE ALL YEAR RANDOM LENGTH COUNTS THAT ARE WAY OUT.

Reporting back to Samsung case manager by phone for a second time I get no help what so ever. There is nothing wrong with the watch according to our engineer, no fault found. Please send it back to service again if you wish!

No resolution or refund or apology is offered just send it back to service for the fourth time.

NO! This is not acceptable Samsung. YOUR WATCH IS NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.

I EXPEXT A BETTER LEVEL OF CUSTOMER SERVICE AND CARE AFRER PUTTING UP WITH A NON FUNCTIONING PRODUCT ALL YEAR

PLEASE ACTION

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Spewy
Explorer
Options

I have the exact same issue, not just on my galaxy watch 46mm but also my brand new Watch active 2 44mm.
This is a software issue that came when they updated the watches to one ui. I have spent hours and hours with Samsung support but all the say is send it in for repair. They just don't get that it is not hardware and needs to be fixed in software.
I have eventually got them to escalate the issue to a higher level and say I will be contacted soon to discuss the issue. Not sure what that will actually achieve but fingers crossed.

0 Likes
Mikeavo83
Student
Options

Did you hear back from your escalation? I've been having the same problem since May!

0 Likes
Spewy
Explorer
Options

I'm pleased to report that I received an update to my Active 2 last week and Samsung have finally fixed the problem and the watch now tracks lengths perfectly. 

Took a long time but they came through in the end. 

0 Likes
User42
Apprentice
Options

Hello Spewy.

Could you tell us what update have you received?

I have the same problem in counting swimming laps.

Greetins

0 Likes
Spewy
Explorer
Options

It was over a year ago but all 3 of my watches are tracking swim lengths perfectly now. Just make sure you update to the latest firmware and also make sure you have the correct distance set for your pool size. 

0 Likes
Clint-one
First Poster
Options
I have the watch for less than a year and find the issues today - who did you contact?
0 Likes
Spewy
Explorer
Options
I wasted my time speaking to support and sending off for a repair that did not work (which I told them it wouldn't).
It only got fixed after a firmware update (as it was a firmware issue in the first place)
Samsung support is useless and I advise you don't waste your time.
0 Likes