Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch BURN ⚠️ Attached photos Gory!!⚠️

(Topic created on: 14-05-2021 11:18 AM)
NaomiA
Explorer
Options

As a customer who is extremely excited about Samsung household appliances and devices I never in a million years expected to experience the treatment I have received from Samsung liaison support service.

I got badly burned by my Samsung Galaxy watch and I made contact with support but was absolutely shocked by how I was mad to feel like a liar and insignificant.

The injury sustained fro wearing the Galaxy watch  was so bad it got infected and I had to be treated intravenously with a very strong antibiotics as a blood disorder suffer my immune system is not very strong anyway; therefore dealing with this burn was a horrible ordeal for me.

To top it all, being made to feel like a liar, or that I imagined the whole thing in my head has left me baffled, perplexed and just all together impacted my physical and mental well-being.

For a product that was created to promote good health and general well-being, its give mea very negative experience and total like of trust in the brand as a whole.

After several attempts to discuss this with Samsung with hope of a reasonable and fair outcome has failed, I have now sought legal advice. 

My opinion from my experience is that Samsung, have acted with impunity  treated me unfairly.

Spoiler

1  week after burned by Galaxy watch1 week after burned by Galaxy watch1  week after burned by Galaxy watch1 week after burned by Galaxy watch2weeks after burned by Galaxy watch2weeks after burned by Galaxy watch2weeks after burned by Galaxy watch2weeks after burned by Galaxy watch

20 REPLIES 20
NaomiA
Explorer
Options

The first pictures were removed. Please see pictures of the blister, the first day I was burned.

Spoiler
 C23C6E91-A165-4240-A06B-B2221D9D7D65.jpeg
0 Likes
NaomiA
Explorer
Options
Spoiler

A09AB3A5-E8D2-4EF3-B306-3422C8410242.jpeg

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
I hope that heals eventually and you get some kind of compensation because you are lucky to a. be alive and b. still have your hand. Sadly it will undoubtedly scar, I had a similar sized infection site from surgery, it did close but left a dent and scar
0 Likes
NaomiA
Explorer
Options
0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @NaomiA, sorry to hear about this. Samsung takes such matters very seriously. I've sent you a PM with further information, please reply when possible so this can be escalated to the right team.

0 Likes
NaomiA
Explorer
Options

Hello Antikythera.

Thank you your kind words and also share your personal experience.

I have been back and forth with Samsung liaison and nothing positive has come out of it for me.

I have sought legal advice with regards to consumer protection and rights.

Ah the scar it will leave is worrying..I have been agonising about this since it happened. A terrible experience with Samsung wearable indeed.

Again thank you for your kind words.

0 Likes
NaomiA
Explorer
Options

Hello SaudA- Moderator 

I thank you for your message. 
However,  I would not respond to a duplicate automated message as I have received the exact email from you support team and responded in details.

They did not accept responsibility, instead they Put burden on me to prove that the Galaxy watch overheated. As I had sent my watch to Samsung approved service centre the engineers replaced faulty components and claimed it never overheated . I was told that “no fault detected, no overheating within the device” 
why will I need to send my device if there was no fault?
Before sending it I attempted troubleshooting with  a Samsung Galaxy support representative on a live chat but watch was still giving error message of “device overheating” with an image of a red thermometer 🌡 

what I don’t understand was why the engineer changed the watch’s main board and battery replaced if there were no fault detected?

All I see happening here is one of the  antics of big business trampling on the consumer, not willing to take responsibility for a faulty product because they want to evade compensation.

For a company who pride themselves on good ethics, Samsung have failed totally in my experience.

So I do not have confidence in further communication with your support liaison team thank you.

0 Likes
Penguinbo
Voyager
Options
Ouch.
Did it hurt or feel painful before the first pictures?
If you can take pictures of the watch too ...... the contact parts... and send to samsung then it would correlate and prove the watch was faulty.
Hope you heal quickly. Xxxx
SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

Hi there, @NaomiA. Our moderators have flagged this case to me as they are highly concerned for you. We'd really like to get you in touch so that we can help get this investigated and the process sped up for you. 

As the Community team, we are not privy to the emails you have already sent into Samsung unless we verify your account by completing data protection steps to access your account. This would allow us to escalate the case to the highest level of investigation. 

To do this, we need to capture some personal details to comply with data protection. Please do send us a Private Message so that we can help you. Best to send this to @Sam_UK our moderator inbox (available until 9pm) or if you prefer to me privately @SachikoT or @SaudA or @AntS who are online until 5pm. 

Please get in touch, ^SachikoT