Support

Open search

Samsung galaxy watch black screen

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

I've only had my watch for 3 days. Today it vibrated a lot, but then there were no notifications. After awhile it just went black. I cant seem to get it to turn back on. I've tried shutting it off and back on. Battery was at 67% so it's not that. It does continue to vibrate occasionally on my wrist so I know it isn't dead, just the screen. Is it already broken??!! I love samsung products, but if it broke after 3 days of very minimal use I'm not sure samsung watches are something I want to own. Anybody have any ideas? 

99 REPLIES 99
Highlighted

I'm having a similar problem with the Active2. Screen is black. I'm able to reboot while it's charging but after reboot it goes back to black.

Highlighted

I just got my Active 2 today. My first smartwatch. I charged it to 100% then took it off the charging dock and attempted to turn it on. I wasn't sure whether I should depress the power button and hold, or to push it once and release. Tried both without luck.

I tried your fix and while it would at least light up to show battery power, and the touch bezel lit up, but as soon as I lifted it off the doc it went all black again. I wonder if I got a lemon as it appears several of you have. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Very disappointing.

Highlighted

You could try uninstalling on your phone and reinstalling again, and if that fails then I recommend going to your local Samsung kiosk 

Rgds

Highlighted
Crisis averted! 😀👍
Highlighted
Thank!!! And it's really work!!!!
Highlighted

I have just owned my watch for 2 weeks and the screen goes black and the solutions doesn't works yet. I'm going to cry 😞

Highlighted
Thanks
It's worked for ME as well.
The screen of my Galaxy Watch Active 2 went black and no activity/functionality observed through watch for 2+ hours. Then I searched and found this solution that worked.😊👌
👍
Highlighted

Your solution really worked, I pressed the power button while it was charging and it came on.

Highlighted

It worked!  Thank you

Highlighted

I held down the home button until the device rebooted, everything is back to normal

Top Liked Authors