Support

Open search

Samsung galaxy watch black screen

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

I've only had my watch for 3 days. Today it vibrated a lot, but then there were no notifications. After awhile it just went black. I cant seem to get it to turn back on. I've tried shutting it off and back on. Battery was at 67% so it's not that. It does continue to vibrate occasionally on my wrist so I know it isn't dead, just the screen. Is it already broken??!! I love samsung products, but if it broke after 3 days of very minimal use I'm not sure samsung watches are something I want to own. Anybody have any ideas? 

94 REPLIES 94
Highlighted

yes, it worked!!!  thank you! 

Highlighted

I have the same problem. It shows the Samsung logo and shuts down

Highlighted

It worked for me. Thank you so much!!! I was about to cry. You're a hero and I love you. (Yes, very dramatic, but I've had it for a month....)

Highlighted
First Poster

I had exactly the same problem with my 2 year old Gear S3; the screen would go black and could only be restored through switching on while on the charger. Tricky when out and about !  So I took it into my nearest Samsung store (with support, not all do); they diagnosed a swollen battery, replaced it for £40 (since out of warranty) and it's now perfect just like new. So worth taking it in for. These batteries seem to swell if allowed to get hot just like some laptop ones do.

Highlighted

I had the same problem yesterday, black screen and no response. Phone is connected but I cant do nothing with the watch, does not respond. Watch is 3 days in use, so I was really angry.  I found your solution and tried and it worked. I hope it wont happen again. 😏

Top Liked Authors