Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung galaxy watch black screen

(Topic created on: 28-07-2020 02:33 PM)
Newwatch
Student
Options

I've only had my watch for 3 days. Today it vibrated a lot, but then there were no notifications. After awhile it just went black. I cant seem to get it to turn back on. I've tried shutting it off and back on. Battery was at 67% so it's not that. It does continue to vibrate occasionally on my wrist so I know it isn't dead, just the screen. Is it already broken??!! I love samsung products, but if it broke after 3 days of very minimal use I'm not sure samsung watches are something I want to own. Anybody have any ideas? 

145 REPLIES 145
IBCAR
First Poster
Options

yes, it worked!!!  thank you! 

0 Likes
Harshal
Student
Options

I have the same problem. It shows the Samsung logo and shuts down

0 Likes
ShannoonAtNoon
First Poster
Options

It worked for me. Thank you so much!!! I was about to cry. You're a hero and I love you. (Yes, very dramatic, but I've had it for a month....)

0 Likes
TonyJB
Journeyman
Options

I had exactly the same problem with my 2 year old Gear S3; the screen would go black and could only be restored through switching on while on the charger. Tricky when out and about !  So I took it into my nearest Samsung store (with support, not all do); they diagnosed a swollen battery, replaced it for £40 (since out of warranty) and it's now perfect just like new. So worth taking it in for. These batteries seem to swell if allowed to get hot just like some laptop ones do.

0 Likes
Maja1984
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem yesterday, black screen and no response. Phone is connected but I cant do nothing with the watch, does not respond. Watch is 3 days in use, so I was really angry.  I found your solution and tried and it worked. I hope it wont happen again. 😏

0 Likes
HydraZuneek
First Poster
Options

Thank you for asking this question & for answering. My bf bought mine as a Christmas gift (2019) & I barely started using it for the FIRST time about 2 weeks ago & just had that problem,but luckily reading this,I was able to get it working again,it seemed it was just a reboot but since it went blank I couldn't even turn it off. 

0 Likes
RosaChristie88
First Poster
Options

Had black screen this morning when i woke up! and looking quick solution from this community and Yes it’s worked for me, thanks Alot 🙏🏽 

0 Likes
Members_aBXSO0C
First Poster
Options
does the battery have to be dead to try this fix,just happened to me today but the battery is at 70% according to the wearable app?? T I A
0 Likes
Ger_63
Student
Options

No it doesn't. You don't even require to have it on the charger if it is still charged. Hold down the home button (bottom right). Keep holding it in until the screen displays (Samsung Watch rebooting). Let the button go as soon as you see this displayed. That's it you're done.

0 Likes
kimberli2020
First Poster
Options

thank you! your solution just worked for me with my galaxy active 2. simple and effective. a real life saver 😊

0 Likes