Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung galaxy watch black screen

(Topic created on: 07-05-2020 05:22 PM)
Newwatch
Student
Options

I've only had my watch for 3 days. Today it vibrated a lot, but then there were no notifications. After awhile it just went black. I cant seem to get it to turn back on. I've tried shutting it off and back on. Battery was at 67% so it's not that. It does continue to vibrate occasionally on my wrist so I know it isn't dead, just the screen. Is it already broken??!! I love samsung products, but if it broke after 3 days of very minimal use I'm not sure samsung watches are something I want to own. Anybody have any ideas? 

145 REPLIES 145
gamegirl150
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your reply to the original question.  I also had to hold the power button down for a long time.  But, it worked and now i have my watch working again!

0 Likes
Wotfudboy
Journeyman
Options

Just wanted to say I'm still enjoying the watch and haven't had a problem since this post. Weird.edit - thought I was replying to my 2019 post. Ah well. You get the idea.

0 Likes
Valg
First Poster
Options

It worked for me! Thanks!

0 Likes
Kndclark
First Poster
Options

I had a watch I bought of ebay and after about 8 months it started shutting down when I would finish a run and tell the watch to start acting like a watch again. The screen would go black and the only way to get it to reboot, was to put it on the charger. I contacted Samsung and they said they couldn't help because I bought used. (I was asking for service not warranty)?? So I looked and found a place that worked on watches and phones of many makes including Samsung. I asked them to replace the battery and then check it out. Replacing the battery seems to have fixed all the problems. Meanwhile Samsung contacted me again and said the agent who said they couldn't help was in error. I told them it was too late I already had paid for a new battery. From a third party.

0 Likes
RyanJason
First Poster
Options

I registered, just to say THANK YOU!

0 Likes
Antiapple
First Poster
Options

Excellent..thank you!

0 Likes
Nikkitty
First Poster
Options

There is a UTube video on how to reset your watch, make sure to back up when asked, it make restoring you details much quicker. Just type in, black screen, Samsung galaxy smart watch. Cheers, worked for me.

0 Likes
Waeil123
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue with my watch active 2 that just started happening today. Force restarting shows the boot logo so the display is working

0 Likes
Silverback1970
First Poster
Options

I thought I had the same issue. Watch appeared to just have ran out of battery yesterday (although I thought it odd and still had power), put it onto the charger all night, screen blank? No amount of pressing the on/off button made any difference. Thought it was the charger but when I put it on it went from red light indicator to green light. I turned the bluetooth off on the phone and the watch vibrated, turned it back on and it connected. So, the watch was live....I could see on the phone the status of the watch. So, I took the watch off the charger, pressed and held both function buttons for approx 3-5 seconds and then the screen displayed "Samsung reboot" and came back to lif, thank god. Hope this helps, it worked for me.

JML1491
First Poster
Options

I have tried this but getting nothing! The watch is still vibrating as if registering touch but nothing else! 😞