Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung galaxy watch black screen

(Topic created on: 19-03-2020 11:53 PM)
Newwatch
Student
Options

I've only had my watch for 3 days. Today it vibrated a lot, but then there were no notifications. After awhile it just went black. I cant seem to get it to turn back on. I've tried shutting it off and back on. Battery was at 67% so it's not that. It does continue to vibrate occasionally on my wrist so I know it isn't dead, just the screen. Is it already broken??!! I love samsung products, but if it broke after 3 days of very minimal use I'm not sure samsung watches are something I want to own. Anybody have any ideas? 

145 REPLIES 145
Measure
First Poster
Options

Thanks.  Worked for me as well.   2 weeks after getting watch display went out.  Watch was working; confirmed by app on phone being synced and updating properly.  Could turn watch on and off; confirmed by watch vibrations and blue tooth connection with phone (connecting/disconnecting when watch turned on/off).  I tried holding power button down while on charger a couple times before finding your post but I only held the power button down for about 10 to 15 seconds each try with no result.  After reading your post I tried again but holding it for as long as it took.  After about 25 seconds display came on with the message watch rebooting.  Thanks again, saved me a wasted trip back to the store.

0 Likes
GTM25
Student
Options

Unfortunately I dont seem to be as lucky as others in getting this issue fixed. Had the black screen for nearly one week now.  Tried the suggestions that have been posted, including holding down the power button for at least 2mins. Sometimes feel the watch vibrate and connection/disconnection notification on the app appears. Battery was showing as 86% on the app, now down to 2% so something is going on on the background. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes
GazzaH
Apprentice
Options

Try disconnecting watch and reconnecting, like the first time you done it. Hope this helps because sounds like it's still working 👍😁

0 Likes
GTM25
Student
Options

Still no joy trying that. I uninstalled the app and installed again. The watch vibrates and the app says it can find the watch via bluetooth however still a black screen. Driving me nuts this! 

0 Likes
GazzaH
Apprentice
Options

Sorry to hear that man, better get an Apple watch then lol

0 Likes
bossrosco78
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the post. Just had this happen to mine after 14 months. Rebooted perfectly!!😊😊

Yaneth0889
First Poster
Options
It worked! Thanks!
0 Likes
Kollector
First Poster
Options

Same problem but the power button didn't work. While on the charger I pressed the reset button and held it. It's at the 5 o'clock position below the power button. 

0 Likes
MissA
First Poster
Options

I did this and it worked straight away thank you!!

0 Likes
Th3_3xil3
First Poster
Options

You're solution worked...thanks

0 Likes