Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung galaxy watch black screen

(Topic created on: 09-01-2020 04:10 PM)
Newwatch
Student
Options

I've only had my watch for 3 days. Today it vibrated a lot, but then there were no notifications. After awhile it just went black. I cant seem to get it to turn back on. I've tried shutting it off and back on. Battery was at 67% so it's not that. It does continue to vibrate occasionally on my wrist so I know it isn't dead, just the screen. Is it already broken??!! I love samsung products, but if it broke after 3 days of very minimal use I'm not sure samsung watches are something I want to own. Anybody have any ideas? 

145 REPLIES 145
bartsz
First Poster
Options

I'm having a similar problem with the Active2. Screen is black. I'm able to reboot while it's charging but after reboot it goes back to black.

0 Likes
Grammie2Cool
First Poster
Options

I just got my Active 2 today. My first smartwatch. I charged it to 100% then took it off the charging dock and attempted to turn it on. I wasn't sure whether I should depress the power button and hold, or to push it once and release. Tried both without luck.

I tried your fix and while it would at least light up to show battery power, and the touch bezel lit up, but as soon as I lifted it off the doc it went all black again. I wonder if I got a lemon as it appears several of you have. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Very disappointing.

0 Likes
GazzaH
Apprentice
Options

You could try uninstalling on your phone and reinstalling again, and if that fails then I recommend going to your local Samsung kiosk 

Rgds

0 Likes
EddieBSeabee
First Poster
Options
Crisis averted! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘
0 Likes
Votey
First Poster
Options
Thank!!! And it's really work!!!!
0 Likes
Mirmammad
First Poster
Options

I have just owned my watch for 2 weeks and the screen goes black and the solutions doesn't works yet. I'm going to cry ๐Ÿ˜ž

Aap_ka_Dost
Student
Options
Thanks
It's worked for ME as well.
The screen of my Galaxy Watch Active 2 went black and no activity/functionality observed through watch for 2+ hours. Then I searched and found this solution that worked.๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘Œ
๐Ÿ‘
0 Likes
Gojetola
First Poster
Options

Your solution really worked, I pressed the power button while it was charging and it came on.

0 Likes
Bobtam
Student
Options

It worked!  Thank you

0 Likes
Dschriver
First Poster
Options

I held down the home button until the device rebooted, everything is back to normal

0 Likes