Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Galaxy watch bezel not working

(Topic created on: 18-11-2021 07:15 PM)
Rach77
Pathfinder
Options

Has anyone else had the problem of the bezel not responding to being turned? Mine seems to freeze and even sometimes the watch page goes the oposite direction to the direction that I am turning it. I have had a replacement watch and the replacement has also been fixed at the service centre and now this! I'm not impressed as the years warranty is up in a few months and then if it breaks again I'll be left with a useless watch!

19 REPLIES 19
Jflor
First Poster
Options

Thank you! 

0 Likes
Saranshjazz2005
First Poster
Options

Guys .. good news I've already found a solution to this.... if your galaxy watch physical bezel is not working it is because of the small magnets that have already rusted or even fallen off from your galaxy watch Bezel.... A very easy solution is that you can open your galaxy watch bezel(be careful not to loose tiny ball bearings) and below you will find some small holes out of which there are magnetic holes which are situated between every two empty holes so firstly  you can scrape off of the dirt particles from all holes and fill only the magnetic holds with fine powdered magnet..... And then you can later on seal those holes with super glue and scrape off of the extra super glue on surface with blade ... The powdered magnet can be made by grinding neodymium magnet against a fine graded sandpaper....

Fill only magnet holes not the clicking holes... 

Forward this to everyone

Members_sjeFKwk
First Poster
Options

OMFG! Thank you!!! Had I not read your post I was just about to send mine in for repair.  I was thinking it was weird as I've only had my watch 3 or 4 days and the bezel stopped working.  So I moved the magnets on my watch strap away......and bam! Its like there was never an issue.  I feel so stupid how I didn't put two and two together lol

0 Likes
TomThomas
Student
Options

Thanks! This did the trick for me! It was quite a funny thing actually, as soon as the magnetic part came to close to the bezel it completely stopped. Taking it aways solved it instantly without any side effects! 

0 Likes
R26gamer
First Poster
Options

Dude i was beating my head around to figure out how this system worked i tried big magnets but this makes sense every 3rd hole is a magnet. Thank you so much  for saving me the pain lol.

0 Likes
Mirandab
First Poster
Options

Hi Rach, how much did the fix cost?

0 Likes
ozbyte
First Poster
Options

I never bothered before but I actually signed in just to thank you for this excellent information. 
5 star post.

0 Likes
Arian1977
Student
Options

Daaaaamn man that was it I moved the magnet lower a bit and it started working right away.  Thanks 🙏🏽🙏🏽

I had no idea that the magnet could interfere with the bezel function.  I have one of these mesh bands that has a magnetic clasp .

0 Likes
Yuvaraj80
Explorer
Options

Excellent discovery, Avery. I don't think even Samsung knows about it. 

0 Likes
Kbrooks
Pioneer
Options
I was having the same problem, but I have a magnetic band, took that off and it started working again, so thanks for the info
. 👍
0 Likes