Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 28-08-2020 07:59 AM)
jpate719
First Poster
Options

I've noticed that my watch will suddenly drain its battery after acting normally all day. It's about a year and a half old, and I don't use the always on feature, and I use it to track workouts maybe 3 or 4 times per week.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
ZoeG
Apprentice
Options
I am having a similar issue apart from it acting normal all day, my battery drained from full to 25% yesterday in 2 hours. my watch is only 4 months old
0 Likes
Pgpmas
Navigator
Options
Hi , have you updated the software of the watch via the gear app ? I found that this helped me in the past.
0 Likes
unoriginalaf
Journeyman
Options
same. I go to bed with it at 45% battery and when I wake up its dead.
0 Likes
jpate719
First Poster
Options

Mine will be normal for random periods of time, sometimes most of the day, sometimes just an hour, then it will practically bottom out. Rebooting 2 or 3 times a day seems to help, but is tedious.

0 Likes
jpate719
First Poster
Options

Yep, it's up to date. 

0 Likes
Pgpmas
Navigator
Options

have you tried to power the watch off and then turn it on again after the updates ?

0 Likes
Scott26
Student
Options

See my post over on this other thread if you are looking for a work around (disable notifications from Gear app). https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/wearables/galaxy-watch-disconnecting-and-draining-battery/m-p/20...

It definitely looks like there has been a software update to the Gear app that is causing these problems.

0 Likes