Support

Open search

Samsung Galaxy Watch Battery Drain

Highlighted
First Poster

I've noticed that my watch will suddenly drain its battery after acting normally all day. It's about a year and a half old, and I don't use the always on feature, and I use it to track workouts maybe 3 or 4 times per week.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
I am having a similar issue apart from it acting normal all day, my battery drained from full to 25% yesterday in 2 hours. my watch is only 4 months old
Highlighted
Explorer
Hi , have you updated the software of the watch via the gear app ? I found that this helped me in the past.
Highlighted
Observer
same. I go to bed with it at 45% battery and when I wake up its dead.
Highlighted

Mine will be normal for random periods of time, sometimes most of the day, sometimes just an hour, then it will practically bottom out. Rebooting 2 or 3 times a day seems to help, but is tedious.

Highlighted

Yep, it's up to date. 

Highlighted
Explorer

have you tried to power the watch off and then turn it on again after the updates ?

Highlighted

See my post over on this other thread if you are looking for a work around (disable notifications from Gear app). https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/wearables/galaxy-watch-disconnecting-and-draining-battery/m-p/20...

It definitely looks like there has been a software update to the Gear app that is causing these problems.

Top Liked Authors