Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy watch and whatsapp calls

(Topic created on: 25-12-2018 07:51 AM)
Ali96
Apprentice
Options

I've bought my galaxy watch yesterday and everything is working perfectly except for the whatsapp call. Im recieving all notifications even from whatsapp when someone sends me a message but when it comes to whatsapp call the watch doesn't vibrate or do anything to inform me that someone is calling me on whatsapp untill the call ends then the watch sends me a notification that i have a missedcall. However, im recieving phonecalls normally and when someone calls me a normal phone call the watch vibrates and allows me to answer or decline. Is their something i should turn on or do for the watch to inform me when someone is trying to call me on whatsapp like vibration or anything and not just send me a notification about a missed call when the call ends?

165 REPLIES 165
SamFunny
First Poster
Options

I am struggling with the same issue I dont believe this feature is available yet.

Chris116
Apprentice
Options

I'm sure I had this on my old gear Sport. But now with my new galaxy watch I can no longer get notifications for calls. 

CeYK
First Poster
Options

I remember not so far ago I was getting whatsapp incoming calls notifications but suddenly something changed it and now I also get only missed calls notifications! Samsung or Whatsapp should fix this issue! Can be that Whatsapp does not send notification to the phone as for incoming calls..

Animallover20
Navigator
Options

Hi. 

I've just had the Samsung galaxy watch bought for me for Xmas but I can't get whatsapp on it at all.. Can anyone help me with this as I use this every day so if I can't get WhatsApp on it then I'll need to take it back  

Thanks in advance 

Lyn 

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @Animallover20. You can't get an app for Whatsapp but you can get notifications and reply to them using the Galaxy Watch. This link may prove useful. 

0 Likes
black05x5
Student
Options

I had the Gear S3 for a while and just switched to the Galaxy Watch.  Same issue with both devices.  Zero notifications on for Whatsapp calls.  

0 Likes
Animallover20
Navigator
Options

Hiya,

It seems to be working now..  I received a WhatsApp message from someone yesterday and it came through on my phone and again today . So I guess all seems to be ok . I did go into the wearable app and looked at the settings and whatsApp was on so I turned it off and on again it was ok  Thanks for everyone's interest and help  😊

Chris116
Apprentice
Options

@Animallover20 wrote:

Hiya,

It seems to be working now..  I received a WhatsApp message from someone yesterday and it came through on my phone and again today . So I guess all seems to be ok . I did go into the wearable app and looked at the settings and whatsApp was on so I turned it off and on again it was ok  Thanks for everyone's interest and help  😊

The messages have always been working. It's the WhatsApp call that is not working. 

Intelrhino
Apprentice
Options

I have noticed the same problem after upgrading from a S3 Frontier to the Galaxy Watch. Very disappointed  My friend  who still has the S3 Frontier has noticed that function no longer works for her either. I personally visited Samsung in Hamburg  Germany and got told a ridiculous fairytale