Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy watch and whatsapp calls

(Topic created on: 20-08-2021 12:01 AM)
Ali96
Apprentice
Options

I've bought my galaxy watch yesterday and everything is working perfectly except for the whatsapp call. Im recieving all notifications even from whatsapp when someone sends me a message but when it comes to whatsapp call the watch doesn't vibrate or do anything to inform me that someone is calling me on whatsapp untill the call ends then the watch sends me a notification that i have a missedcall. However, im recieving phonecalls normally and when someone calls me a normal phone call the watch vibrates and allows me to answer or decline. Is their something i should turn on or do for the watch to inform me when someone is trying to call me on whatsapp like vibration or anything and not just send me a notification about a missed call when the call ends?

165 REPLIES 165
salihnur
Apprentice
Options

No Samsung products anymore. Whenever I buy a Samsung product I always have trouble. They don't also any interest to fix it. It is called Capitalism: Always sell new products.

0 Likes
JamesPSams
Explorer
Options

I just stumbled across this thread while googling the same problem, which I'm having with my galaxy active 2. Pretty shocking that this was raised years ago and still no solution! 

0 Likes
sallyrw
First Poster
Options
Hi I just wanted to check I have the Samsung active 2 watch but I can't seem to stop the WhatsApp calls coming through on the watch. My Screen is broken 😢 so I'm not able to change on the phone but can someone tell me how to turn the notification off I thought I could do it via the wearable app but can't seem to do it. Time for an upgrade me thinks
0 Likes
RegTheDonk
First Poster
Options

Hi Sally, did you find a way of doing this?

I have a similar problem where my WhatsApp PHONE calls are coming through my Active 2.  I'd like for the WhatsApp call to come through my S21 phone as a default, rather than to my watch.  WhatsApp messages fine, I'd still like to read these via the Active 2, but I have to keep trying to "swipe" the calls to the phone and it's a real pain.

TIA to you or anyone else who can advise, I can't see anything obvious in the settings.

0 Likes
DL65
First Poster
Options
When I make a WhatsApp call/video call on my Samsung galaxy phone my Samsung smartwatch takes over the audio. How can I stop this from happening without loosing notifications?
0 Likes
makdee
First Poster
Options

Try disconnecting/un-pairing WhatsApp app on the Galaxy watch with the phone app. I tried everything including resetting the the watch. The call notification started working after I unpaired the app on the watch.

0 Likes