Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy watch and whatsapp calls

(Topic created on: 16-02-2021 10:48 AM)
Ali96
Apprentice
Options

I've bought my galaxy watch yesterday and everything is working perfectly except for the whatsapp call. Im recieving all notifications even from whatsapp when someone sends me a message but when it comes to whatsapp call the watch doesn't vibrate or do anything to inform me that someone is calling me on whatsapp untill the call ends then the watch sends me a notification that i have a missedcall. However, im recieving phonecalls normally and when someone calls me a normal phone call the watch vibrates and allows me to answer or decline. Is their something i should turn on or do for the watch to inform me when someone is trying to call me on whatsapp like vibration or anything and not just send me a notification about a missed call when the call ends?

165 REPLIES 165
babajee2
Apprentice
Options

Thansks, but there is no APP named Whatsapp in the app list or settings 😞

0 Likes
eoa240
First Poster
Options

My smartwatch is Gear 3. Also, "call logs" is enabled on my note 10. Still cant receive calls on smartwatch. It worked before when I had note 8.

0 Likes
iamharish
First Poster
Options

I have a galaxy fit 2 and same issue. Will this ever be resolved Samsung??? 

Neldroid
Apprentice
Options
this is ridiculous Samsung! please give us some explanation why can't we make or receive WhatsApp calls on yours smartwatch or refund our money!
0 Likes
salihnur
Apprentice
Options

I am getting really angry with Samsung. Probably I won't buy anymore.

0 Likes
SriniM
First Poster
Options

In iPhone the call logs of Whats app is displayed under "Phone" app but in Android it does not consider whats app call as a "Call" for some reason, I think it is the way how android has implemented certain features. Samsung watch displays whats app call notification for IPhone but not for Android phones which means the problem is with the os platform. I had same issues with Amazefit watch as well. This has to be sorted out using some hacks , no initiative from Samsung .

0 Likes
KingRies
Explorer
Options

Last week I got an update and I it looks like this issue is finally solved. I've posted before an will not search for those because it may ruin my evening. It was fixed very shortly many moons ago let's hope this fix is here to stay.

I'm signing off here, see you later.

0 Likes
merelw62
Journeyman
Options

Hello did you find solution for this? I have oppo A9 phone and I don't receive any notifications for watsapp or sms on my sansung active 2 let alone calls. Really frustrating

0 Likes
Members_NM1RDDw
First Poster
Options

This post is nearly 3 years old now. How is it possible, that the issue is just the same on new devices today -.-

0 Likes
merelw62
Journeyman
Options

It seems that Samsung don't really care.  I have tried various methods, uninstalling and reinstalling the watch, re-setting the watch, sometimes using backup data, other times, treating it as new. Still I am only receiving calls and nothing else; no sms or watsapp messages.

The best features I have found on this watch are remainders and step monitoring but then why would you want to spend so much money just for these two functions. Be interested to hear what other people think.